• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Yes or No?

I like it but I'm the guy who drove his Corvette for a week with straight open headers,cuz it sounded sooo good.:D

I think it's a good thing to hear a motorcycle. Other drivers don't pay much attention and sometimes the tone can get you noticed.
The flipside is driving down a dark street at night - you feel like you're waking up the whole neighborhood.

It actually loses a little tq on the bottom end, beneath 2k. Gains are minimal; ~2-3hp around 7k (~100hp), no appreciable gains in tq (~86 ft/Lb).

You can't ride that thing around below 2k anyhow. Too jerky. I want some increase in the noise factor because it sounds like a sewing machine now. It'll never sound like a Ducati, there will always be that Harley twin sound which I don't mind, but I don't want it so loud and obnoxious that it attracts the attention of every cop on the road and I don't want to piss off my neighbors. Who cares what they think?... I do because they keep an eye on my place when I'm not there.

The reason I'm going back and forth over this specific one is that it's a modded stock muffler that retains all the stock mounting points- the front chin faring attaches to it, and it's reinforced internally to use as a jack point for the bike. The other (very few) aftermarket exhaust systems available lose these features.

I like it, but I like the thumping sound of a big twin. I believe on two wheels you need all you can get to be noticed by people driving 4 wheels.

saratoga, I have a friend at school with a firebolt, here is his reply/advice:

as far as tires go. use the pirelli scorpion. i have found they work great on my firebolt. good wear good traction.
since the video is down, was it a special opps or drummer exhaust?
http://www.kdfab.com/drummer intro.htm
http://www.specialops-online.com/
these are the two companies that rework the stock exhaust. one will still use the power valve one will not. i have seen both of the companies work and ridden both brands of exhaust. drummer makes a little more ass dyno power, but i personally like the specal ops exhaust. the look and the sound is a little better. jack points are still used on both of them.
hope this helps.

sounds good. Just be careful when cops are around try not to romp on it, but then again thats what bikes are made for. If you start getting hasseled by neighbors throw the baffels back in.

saratoga, I have a friend at school with a firebolt, here is his reply/advice:

as far as tires go. use the pirelli scorpion. i have found they work great on my firebolt. good wear good traction.
since the video is down, was it a special opps or drummer exhaust?
http://www.kdfab.com/drummer intro.htm
http://www.specialops-online.com/
these are the two companies that rework the stock exhaust. one will still use the power valve one will not. i have seen both of the companies work and ridden both brands of exhaust. drummer makes a little more ass dyno power, but i personally like the specal ops exhaust. the look and the sound is a little better. jack points are still used on both of them.
hope this helps.

Thanks, man. The video was a link to a dorky guy with a Drummer exhaust. It does away with the power valve and you have to something with the cable because it'll set the CEL if the cable isn't attached to the actuator.

like i said special ops is what i would go for. they are also cheaper. if i had the cash i would buy the remus, ti-force, or the micron. they are the best performing, but yet again for the price, i would get the special ops.

Back