• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will front seats from ‘95 to ‘99 fit/mount into an’94

In short, no.

You can't easily just bolt-and-go 95+ seats into a 94 and earlier cab as GM made major changes to the floor pan stamping between the 94 and 95 model years (as well as the inner door stampings and dashboard mounting brackets) such as the height/width of the driveshaft "hump" and the location of the seat mounting points in the floor. I found this out when I went to replace the vinyl bench seat in my '94 C2500 with a 60/40 fabric split bench seat with the fold down console out of a '96 C2500 - AFTER I had bought the '96 bench seat, figuring it would be a "bolt in" swap - when I discovered that it did not fit over the higher, wider center hump of the 94, only one of the bolt holes came close to lining up, and the center legs of the seat frame didn't even come close to the contour or correct angle of the center hump. I looked at swapping the 96 seat to the 94 frame and nope, all the holes were in different locations, too.

So, you're either looking at a lot of modification/fabrication to make the swap work and the worry of if your new floor anchors will actually hold in a severe collision, or take the advice of a couple of commenters above and either go to a good local interior shop for new seat upholstery/cushions/springs, or order them from LMC and then DIY the recovering/cushions/springs.
Thank you!

After much research online and by e-mail, the 1994 front bucket seats apparently are a unicorn for which no one makes the foam. I can get the seat covers, but what’s the point if I can’t get the foam?

So headed in a different direction. This outfit makes seat adaptors to fit later model truck seats into the 1994 GMT 400:

I can get seats for 2007-14 or 2014-20 for $139 when the truck arrives in a Pick-a-Part yard. Anything older than 2007 would be best to shit and still the same price. So I’ll be on the look out for a truck from that timeframe with brown interior.

IMG_3998.png

at one time I had fiddled around with a set of front bucket seats out of a 02-03 pickup and made a couple of brackets out of some flat strap to fit into my 95. I ran them for a while but grew tired of them and ended up putting my original seats back in.

in all honesty a decent upholstery shop can re do the foam in most any seat. they use a block of foam and cut it down to the form using a hot knife. for the price you'd pay for the custom brackets on that site and for a set of used seats, you'd be better off getting yours redone and looking new again.

at one time I had fiddled around with a set of front bucket seats out of a 02-03 pickup and made a couple of brackets out of some flat strap to fit into my 95. I ran them for a while but grew tired of them and ended up putting my original seats back in.

in all honesty a decent upholstery shop can re do the foam in most any seat. they use a block of foam and cut it down to the form using a hot knife. for the price you'd pay for the custom brackets on that site and for a set of used seats, you'd be better off getting yours redone and looking new again.
Then I am faced with shop prices and a custom order for the upholstery material. Meanwhile, $359 for brackets and $280 for a pair of seats that need no other work and will endless foam a seat material options down the road.

another thought on the foam situation. most, but not all drivers and passengers seat bottoms are the same and are swappable. I swapped the drivers and passengers seat bottoms in my dodge due to a rip from sliding in and out over time. if you happen to run across a passenger 94 seat that has the foam in good usable condition. you might be able to use it on the drivers side seat base. that would save you a lot of $$ too while keeping the factory seats a while longer.

just a thought.

another thought on the foam situation. most, but not all drivers and passengers seat bottoms are the same and are swappable. I swapped the drivers and passengers seat bottoms in my dodge due to a rip from sliding in and out over time. if you happen to run across a passenger 94 seat that has the foam in good usable condition. you might be able to use it on the drivers side seat base. that would save you a lot of $$ too while keeping the factory seats a while longer.

just a thought.
Trust me, at this point there are no good ‘94 seats. Anything that age looks like the owner shit in the seat and probably did so after a head on collision.

I like the newer truck’s seats more because if you get it out of a loaded truck you can have heat and ac in the seat. That said- they wear out SO MUCH FASTER.
So plan on getting the brackets, seats, and at least the driver seat cover new.
the 08 I am sitting in while at lunch has copper wire holding it together and under 55k on the odometer. True the seat time is more than the miles, but not like 100,000 mile gm trucks are any better.
I had an 01, an 05, and 08 personally. I don’t drag across the seat getting in 99% of the time. The seats still wear out on that edge. It is a designed wearable component that dealerships frequently replace. Cant post pics in current location otherwise you’d see the ugliest electrical wire stitching job ever! Haha

I should have remembered that.
There's a local shop that I used that does a lot of custom stuff

In short, no.

You can't easily just bolt-and-go 95+ seats into a 94 and earlier cab as GM made major changes to the floor pan stamping between the 94 and 95 model years (as well as the inner door stampings and dashboard mounting brackets) such as the height/width of the driveshaft "hump" and the location of the seat mounting points in the floor. I found this out when I went to replace the vinyl bench seat in my '94 C2500 with a 60/40 fabric split bench seat with the fold down console out of a '96 C2500 - AFTER I had bought the '96 bench seat, figuring it would be a "bolt in" swap - when I discovered that it did not fit over the higher, wider center hump of the 94, only one of the bolt holes came close to lining up, and the center legs of the seat frame didn't even come close to the contour or correct angle of the center hump. I looked at swapping the 96 seat to the 94 frame and nope, all the holes were in different locations, too.

So, you're either looking at a lot of modification/fabrication to make the swap work and the worry of if your new floor anchors will actually hold in a severe collision, or take the advice of a couple of commenters above and either go to a good local interior shop for new seat upholstery/cushions/springs, or order them from LMC and then DIY the recovering/cushions/springs.
I will second this for trucks. I put a 60-40 split bench w/folding console out of a 97 K3500 in my 94 K2500 that originally had a vinyl (pleather) bench many years ago. It required new holes for the inner rail of the passenger seat, and new holes for the mounting points over the hump on the 60 split side. I also had to shorten the legs over the center hump to make the 60 portion level. I made plates below the floor and hump so bolts wouldn't pull through in the event of an accident. I think that ancient thread was revived here somewhere, IIRC it was 2010-2012 time frame when I did it, I was trying to make my truck look like a 95 and newer style, I almost started a dash conversion before the frame started rotting away.

I am not sure how it would apply if your Burb has buckets from the factory as you will have 4 more additional mounting points than I had. Maybe if buckets were straight swapped with newer buckets? Id go to the JY and measure between mounting points between each vintage buckets to check though.

Last edited:
Have you checked local upholstery shops? Last time I had a set redone by a shop here was $250 for the front buckets, didn’t even pull the seats. Granted it has been some years, but wouldn’t expect too much increase of price.

Have you checked local upholstery shops? Last time I had a set redone by a shop here was $250 for the front buckets, didn’t even pull the seats. Granted it has been some years, but wouldn’t expect too much increase of price.
No I haven’t. I have found the coverings made to fit this seat, both leather and cloth. I would like the Carhart Real Tree Camo over the leather. As you can see, this is not urgent, but a nice to have done. More urgent need is a paint job and redo of the headliner.

Those seats don't look bad at all for their age. I bet a good upholstery shop can fix them up easily at a good price, making you a happy camper

Back