• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who is using Bio

MY LB7 loves the Bio.... It runs quieter and smoother. I had blow any black smoke and my EGT's are lower. I do notice a little less performance but not much...

I run B20. I would like to find some B99 and cut it to be B50 but no luck so far.

Last edited:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/719605551/m/1501054842
Heres a link to my adventure,,, also while your there you might find some of the answers to your Bio questions,,, I have about $800 into my setup and just made my first 25 gallons of fuel this past weekend. its easy enough,, takes some time, and cost be about $1.30 per gallon for that batch,,, as I buy my Meth in 55Gal drums and my Koh in bulk, that will bring my cost down to about $1.00 a gallon. I have a 94 K2500 F Vin 6.5 that I Plan to run it in, when my 10 micron filter gets here tommorrow.

Pruittx2,

Your results are incouraging! I too am thinking that this could be a viabable alternative to keeping my rig on the road for reasonable cost. Did you do most of your research on line or did you have to seek out other sources?

Me and a buddy of mine have been brainstorming ideas about a bio-D co-op.
Anybody in the North Texas area already doing so ? Or would like to further this plan ?

I would like to try it if I could, but there are no sources nearby in SE Idaho. I would like to try B2, B5 and B20 to see how it runs. Would be willing to pay the same or slightly more for it than petro diesel, but not available.

I had a 40 gal. tank made for me. I have yet to find a place that will sell anything less then 300 gal. They only deliever it, no place to go and fill up. I was told that stations are in the works. If anyone needs more info on BioDiesel, PM me and ill give you a name and number where you can get lots of good info on the fuel. This guy will also set you up with buying bulk. Rich

I'm making a batch right now. (65 gallons)
I make and run my own B100. I'm making it for less than a $1 per gallon.
There is a slight loss of power, but with EFILive, you can tune that right out. :D

picture.php

Last edited:
I have the veg oil supply just cant find a reasonable supplier of methanol and KOH. Oh yeah not to mention the time to brew 25-30 gallons at a time with my electric water heater setup. I just bought 220 gallons at $4 / gallon of b100 today so the affordable stuff is out there when petrol diesel is $4.80 - $5.20 / gallon

Dirk F Fenner
Chief Chemist
Fenner Chemical, Inc

Check out this place,, you can get small amounts of KOH with out a BIG shipping fee.
Check out local race tracks for Methonal,, can buy by the gallon,, a bit more costly,, I get mine from a oil company in the 55 gallon drum for about $200.

Ive been making bio for several years now, I made my own appleseed and a seperate wash dry tank for a couple hundred bucks total. The more bio I run, the smoother and quieter the truck runs. You have to retard your timing a bit for the best results in power, I believe that it ignites a bit faster.

I add WVO systems and have a great set-up for the d-max it is computer controlled and has many fail safes to protect your motor. I have a few options for tanks and mouting. The D-max is one of the hardest to set up but onec you get it dialed in its great. The key is CLEAN fuel.

Don't convert each gallon of fuel to burn in one truck. Convert one truck to burn many gallons of fuel!

Ive been making bio for several years now, I made my own appleseed and a seperate wash dry tank for a couple hundred bucks total. The more bio I run, the smoother and quieter the truck runs. You have to retard your timing a bit for the best results in power, I believe that it ignites a bit faster.

what do you guys do with the glycerin? that's always been my concern.

Ive been running commercially produced B50-B80 in the truck, tractor and two TDI's for the past 4 years. I buy 4 drums twice a year and gravity dispense it into my 5g tanks and lug it to the vehicle.

The problem is with changing between D2 and biodiesel. It causes the seals in the pumps and other bits to shrink and swell, which eventually causes leaks. The fuel filter head on the Duramax has an air leak (died on me once, haven't touched it since) and the IP on the TDI developed a leak. Fixed that for 9 bux, but it was a headache as it required me to remove the pump.

Other than that, no complaints....mileage might suffer a teeny bit, but I get it for cheaper than diesel, so thats no biggie.

Don't convert each gallon of fuel to burn in one truck. Convert one truck to burn many gallons of fuel!

Sorry, this logic makes no sense to me. I convert the fuel and can then run it in ANY and ALL diesels. Not only can I burn it in both my diesels, I've helped neighbors out with bio as an additive and it's been run in cummins, powerstrokes, and VW TDI's without any modifications.

Veg oil method would have required each and every one of these vehicles to be modified. Doesn't make sense IMO.

Your tag line should actually read "Don't convert the fuel to burn in any diesel engine. Convert every diesel engine to burn one type of fuel."

50%

I'm currently using 50%. I had diesel on hand from a previous purchase so I bought 99% from a place in Florida and blended them together. I have ran 99% in the summer with no problems except the cleaning affects of the tank and the engine. It also has the benifit of Lubeing the fuel system like no other. You need not add any additives to it. It is an additive.

Back