• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to buy brakelines

turns out I need 1/4" it's $3.63 ft. it appears changing the brake line will be the easy part getting all the rusted fasteners apart/off will be more of a job

So here's a pic of the new tubing. I still have to decide if I want the whole roll or just take back what I don't want as I can buy it by the foot. This rusty crap is making this a bigger job than it should be. The clip that held the tubing to the flex line at the pumpkin broke apart and the back side is pretty inaccessible so I resorted to cutting the flex hose fitting off to free thing up. I'm hoping I haven't created more work and can get the fittings loose on the other end of the flex without having to replace more downstream. Still have to see if I can find my double flare tools as well. I know they're around somewhere....

Attachments

• 034 resize.jpg
    034 resize.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
I swear sometimes I spend more time finding my tools than doing the job. I have got to start just doing one job, finish it, clean up and then do the next. Been saying that for years...

So I got the brake line in now I'm waiting for my penetrating oil to work on my bleeders. Already been soaking an hour with no love. Here's some pics to show what a PIA job it is.uploadfromtaptalk1392774486375.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774521010.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774555180.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774585420.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774609880.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774632781.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392774654793.jpg

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk

That was the brake line from back to front.uploadfromtaptalk1392774780619.jpg. This one is of the old line which fell apart into 3 pieces as I pulled it out.

Looks like those lines were done. Glad you got to them before they failed. It is no fun when you go to stop and suddenly realize you have no brakes!

Oh 1 had failed . If you stepped on it hard your foot would go to the floor semi slowly. When I pulled it into the shop I pumped the brakes 3 times hard and there was an 8" puddle on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by swinters View Post
I swear sometimes I spend more time finding my tools than doing the job. I have got to start just doing one job, finish it, clean up and then do the next. Been saying that for years...
That's perfectly normal here.

X2. 1 hr of work equals 2 hrs of searching for tools!:hihi:

your pictures made me cringe. That's an incredible amount of rot on that steel. I think you guys are used to it where you live, though. Man, I wish salt use on roads was banned forever!

Back