• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to buy brakelines

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
Have a rusted out brakeline on my wifes 00 Burb. Where can I buy a replacement line? Of course it's the one over the fuel tank. :(

I had already looked there and only find flex hoses. Am I missing something? Been doing some internet browsing and am intrigued by a brake line that is 90% copper 10% nickle

I didn't know what kind of hose you needed. An auto parts store should have S.S. lines of varying lengths that you could bend to suit.

Any parts store should carry 3/16" (and other sizes) brake line. ? Most have different lengths already double flared with nuts. Line is easily bent by hand as it's annealed.

..and YOUR version doesn't necessarily need to go above the tank if you know whatta mean?

Not sure where in Alaska you are but I remember my brother in Palmer telling me about getting lines at the NAPA in Palmer. Took a couple of weeks to get them on their regular shipment but he had the option of paying freight and having them in a few days. Being "thrifty" is genetic with us I think, (though our wives tend to call us cheap), and he had them put them in the regular shipment and waited.

I'm not opposed to the regular, but who knows how long I'll keep this car. If it's not much more to do the copper/nickel I might do that so I don't have to deal with this again.

I just talked to another guy who retired from the shop on Richardson and he said there were a couple of shops that did hydraulic lines and hoses that they used to make up steel brake lines for the old 2.5 and 5 ton air over hydraulic brake systems. He said they had the material and the equipment to double flare and so on. Have you checked with any shops like that?

I bought from inlinetube before. IIRC my application wasnt listed, but its was on a GMT400, so I called, and they said no problem.

if it was a rare one-off deal, I would say no, but since its a common rig, I bet you will have no issue getting the right line from inlinetube.com

good luck!

Try Summit Racing. I was doing some research for an upcoming project and stumbled across the fact that they carry brakelines. They even gave me a choice between steel and stainless steel for my application. I have heard of Inline Tube as well. Good luck!

So after some internet time and calling my local Napa I found I can get this line from them. In stock in Anchorage and would be able to get it out here to the valley by this afternoon. I can buy it by the foot and the 3/16 (which I believe is the size I need) for $2.77 per foot. So I think I'm going to give it a try. You can get it all the way up to 3/8.

Back