• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where do you run your wires?

dka99burb

Reaction score
From what I can see, GM didin't provide any easy way to run new wires thru the firewall. I chose an open space in the firewall mat right beside the steering column and drilled a hole for some wires out of desperation. :mad2: Most vehicles that I have run wires on in the past provided some legitimate places/plugs or something. Is there something hidden behind that mat that I can't see? Recommendations please.
Thanks.

I made a multi pin cable (i think 15-20 pin?) Its on two connectors and made from the male/female connectors from a junkyard. Connectors were from the power window harness behind the DS kick panel.
This short harness is installed in the factory pass thru by a/c evap.
Just hook up another wire as I needed to the cable..

I drilled a hole in the fire wall big enough to allow for expansion later if i wanted to add more wires/gauge tubing, put a rubber pass thru grommet in it the kind that has the groove for sheet metal to sit in, then when I pulled all my wires thru sealed it up with some RTV I could remove later if need be to keep moisture from coming thru the gaps between the wires/around grommet.

Thanks for feedback. Sucks! Can't believe that GM would not provide any way to get thru. Prime example is running brake controller wire only to the engine compartment then provide no way to get it into the cab! :mad2: Rediculous.

Back