• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Wireless Router Do You Like Best?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Right now I got an Apple Airport Extreme and I think it's taking a shit on me.

If I'm out in my Room, 20-25ft away from the Router, I get 1-2 Bars of Service from it and the Internet is VERY Slow. But if I come into my Bar 5ft away from the Router, I get full Bars.

So what's a good one that you all use and have no problems with. It's gotta be Fast too.

Yea, I had Linksys before the Crapple.

Now I just Restarted my Laptop and it's got Full Bars. But my Laptop Downstairs still only gets 3 Bars and it's almost in Direct Sight of the Router. A Banister Blocks the Direct Line of Sight.

You think it could still be the Router or my Laptop?

I really haven't been having good luck here with Computers.

I like the linksys too. this is the one I have and had it for several years and works great. I can be in any room of the house or in the garage and i get full bars.

it works great with my iPhone too

Attachments

• linksys.jpg
    linksys.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 6
Linksys all the way. The one I use is a model WRT54GS purchased from Walmart. I can take my wife's lap top anywhere inside the house and outside with no problem. She will play on the internet when the kids are on the swing set in the backyard which is a good 200 feet from the location of the router.

I use Vonage and have the newer Motorola router with wireless they have.

Works great just, the stupid German internet sucks! :mad2:

I sue the latest Dlink router, I am able to fine tune for data mishaps and I will get almost all bars througout the house....of course it isn't sold in Walmart, Office Depot or direct from the Manufactor.....www.dlink.com

Linksys all the way. The one I use is a model WRT54GS purchased from Walmart. I can take my wife's lap top anywhere inside the house and outside with no problem. She will play on the internet when the kids are on the swing set in the backyard which is a good 200 feet from the location of the router.

Same here...used it with the longer antenna and it broadcasts very well within a short distance of the house. My netbook/notebooks pick up a good signal everywhere in the home and just a little outside. My RV is parked next to the garage, and inside that I need to use a stronger antenna to pick it up. This antenna also makes the difference traveling with the RV too...campgrounds with WIFI can be hard to get inside the RV. The external antenna makes usually makes up the difference between usability or not.

Buffalo WHR-GP-54!!! By far! Best range of any out of the box (ok except radiolabs.com routers). Has an external antenna, which is really good, and just good overall reliability and speed. Oh and good compatibility with DDWRT or Tomato firmware in case you want to get really fancy (don't have to do this).

And the best part.. they're finally available again!! there was a long lawsuit for infringement of some kind

I've got a Netgear super G router... don't know the model no. It streams audio and video at a decent bitrate without chopping and the signal is good anywhere in my house.

DIR 825 Xtreme N dual band Gigabit router

DIR-825_front.png

DIR-825_back.png

Back