• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is next...

yuliank

Reaction score
Ok. I have posted a thread about my speedometer. So you know, in addition to speedo, window washer pump not working, horn, cruise control, as far as I know for now. I opened it up, and found some wires messed up
IMG_7359.jpg

After I fixed up some wires by soldering in a resistor, and running theft det code, I was able to run it again "thanks JiFaire".
IMG_7357.jpg

Now, after removing some covers, and inspecting wires, I found that two wires are not looking too good. Looks like they were almost pulled out from the harness, and had some burn marks on them. After some time I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the harness from the steering wheel column, I quited for the day. If anyone has any Idea on how to get em out.....
IMG_7354.jpgIMG_7362.jpg

Also, I don't know if all the wires are here... looks like BLK GRN are not there...
IMG_7358.jpg

And last, but not least, what is this thingwik hanging in here????
IMG_7360.jpg

Any help... :(

Well, and here is question for the pros. $500 for alarm with remote alarm in car toys. Is it worth it, or better get one online, and install it myself. How about remote start. I've had it on my previous Pickup, 05 Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax. I didn't have any issues with it, only once in a while alarm would go off in the middle of the night. Too bad, economy helped me give it back to the bank with negative balance of over 12k. I still miss it sometimes. Mine was a second one. First one is my brothers, and he still has it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQwm-oXOLA&feature=related

This will do for now.... Thanks for advice in advance...

Yes, I forgot to mention. After I fixed a resistor, my check engine went off, that had a code for a crank position sensor to be foulty, and Security light turned on and don't go off. Whats up with that?

Yes, I forgot to mention. After I fixed a resistor, my check engine went off, that had a code for a crank position sensor to be foulty, and Security light turned on and don't go off. Whats up with that?

You might have to do that security re-learn 3 times, yuli. It's a real PITA. Alternatively, you can have somebody with a Tech-2 try to re-set it for you.

Speedo

Ok. AFter some time off, I was able to spend some time on my Suburban. I found that my windshield washer pump didn't work because the wires were simply disconnected be the driver side battery. After plugging them in, it works just fine. Also my horn didn't work as well, and after some time messing around with a air bag I was able to take it off. What happened, is the wire with a spring that connect the wheel with a steering column had one of the pins, that held it in place broken and it came off. That was an easy fix, and now I know how to take off an air bag. Now, my next challenge is my speedometer. I have put in a new VSS. Nothing changed. I have opened up some covers and that gray box under glove compartment had been removed before, because it is tied with a snap tie. And also looks like someone had been in it. Some screws messed up. Now, I have two questions. The first one is if I can get a different whatever its called, I will call it a gray box, but from a gas suburban, is it going to work, or it has to be diesel only. SInce it has to work with brakes, any ideas??? And second question. I've had my ABS light come on while driving. Is it possible that a bad Wheel Speed Sensor would couse speedometer not to work??? Just a thought.
Whell, if any one has any comments, it would be really helpfull.
Local dealer didn't seem to interested much in helping, but just ripping off some money that I don't have. So, I have to fix everything myself.

Back