• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you do with your waste oil?

Spray it on the undercarrage and body pannels of my vehicles to keep the winter salt from turning them into swiss cheese. Works amazingly well. And when you need to change a part, the bolts actually come loose!

The rest goes to my buddy that runs Ernie's Waste Oil, they go to all the shops and parts stores and pick up the oil and take it to the recylcler. They also take antifreeze too. 724-378-2032 in the Pittsburgh PA area.

The parts stores like taking your used oil cause depending on the market, they make a couple bucks on it.

Done lots of things with it over the years. Best trick in Mexico in the $15 a day or night cockroach whorehouse motels (had garages next to it with tarp on end so you couldn't see what local dignatary was in there screwing his neighbors wife) was to drain it into triple plastic bags in a box, let it cool overnightm and leave it with the oily rags on the doorstep of the flophouse (you entered from the garage so no one would ever see you). There are enough of those things that I didn't have to stay in one more than every couple of years and by that time they forgot about me. Then there was the time some asswh-le in a old Pete in a Davenport Iowa truckstop parked next to me at 2:am and proceeded to blow his stacks for about 10 minutes and keep me awake. Got up at 4 am, drained my oil into one of those oil change things, and proceeded to empty it into his right side fuel tank - and left. He really pissed me off.

As a graduate of the "Dirty Harry School of Charm and Dirty Tricks", I am proud to say I resemble your accusations.

Pour it into 55 gallon drums, and haul it to work, where we out it in a dairy bulk tank for storage, where we burn it for heat in the winter. Get heat at work, and get rid of waste oil.

Back