• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Converter Should I Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Right off, I'm gonna say DO NOT tell me to Call someone. I cannot Call during the Day, but I can be on the Computer as much as I need to.

So with that being Said...

I don't Tow Heavy (Jet Boat or Quad in the Bed), don't Sled Pull, don't go Offroad. It's a Daily Driven, Street only Truck. I'm not going to do Engine Internals, but want the Final Power Level to be right on the Edge of having to do Internals, so Figure for around that much Power and Driving Characteristics. My only other 2 Future Mods will be the Stage 2 Garret Turbo (http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/products/turbo_kits/GM_Duramax.htm) and Manifolds & Up Pipes.

1056 for Suncoast, or the comparable Precision. They don't have a # AFAIK.

Since it's a DD, you won't need a higher stall. And that VVT Garret should spool well.

Was doin some Googling, and saw that over on another Site, Mike L said his Converter (Precision ML) is the "In House" PPE Converter.

So that would mean if I got a PPE Converter, I would get the ML without having to Ask for it, or Special Order it, right?

Was doin some Googling, and saw that over on another Site, Mike L said his Converter (Precision ML) is the "In House" PPE Converter.

So that would mean if I got a PPE Converter, I would get the ML without having to Ask for it, or Special Order it, right?

I'm not sure. I do know if you call Precision or Mike directly you'll get a better price by cutting out PPE's big markup.

You think?

One of our Vendors has the PPE Converter for only $1169.

...I wonder how good that B&M Converter is too.

I don't know, that's a good price. I was really aiming toward if you bought it directly from PPE, it would be higher I'm sure.

That's cheaper than what Suncoast list their 1056 at. I bought my package all in one, so I'm not sure what I paid for my converter.

B&M Converter, I'm not sure. I've never heard anyone running it at least.

You can go to Precision Industries site at Converter.com
The vilgilante is the base converter for the ML.
I know you said don't say call MikeL, But if you want it done right the FIRST time. MAKE the time to call.

Sorry.
Flame away.

I know you said don't say call MikeL, But if you want it done right the FIRST time. MAKE the time to call.

Good advise right there. James Mike is in CA. That gives you an extra three hours to find time. No need to ever second guess after you make the call. Just my .02

So you have called him before? It didn't work out?
You can't get Tech services through the computer as well as the old way, in person or telephone. Have you checked out Big Dipper(George) on the East Coast? I've read good things about his business.

Big Dipper from The DPlace

Baltimore, Maryland to be exact. Fairly close to you. Maybe you can PM him instead of using the Evil Telephone.):h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back