• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vinyl and Leather Repair

mattthebrat

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
What doy'all know about it?

Any kits that work good?
Any tips or tricks that work good?

I have a couple of things to patch up, there is a small split in the seam on the DS seat in the Yukon (blue leather), and my snowmobile seat has a small tear in it (black vinyl)

I have had a couple people recommend Vinyl Leather Patch, do any of you have any experience with this, does it allow for a color match?

Thanks guys...

I had Dr Vinyl- a dude in a van- come out and patch the leather seat in my 01 GMC after I had sat it it with a steel ruler in my back pocket. You couldn't even tell where it was once he did his thing; it ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 IIRC.

The dealers around here all use this guy to refurb worn leather seats on used cars.

My neighbor repaired mine for around $50. It looks ok, but he said that he saved me about 100 dollars. After reading this post, think he may have gotten over on me.

I used one of those kits a long time ago and it turned out like poo. I didn't know what I was doing though and still don't :D

Back