• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vacuum pump oil extractor

Has anyone used this on the dipstick in our engines?
That looks like a nice unit. Should keep out the possibility of getting contaminants in the samples.
Could also rig up something similar by using the suction from the vacuum pump mounted to the belt end of the 6.5 enjun.
T off a hose with a shut off valve and an attachment for a bottle between the hose for the dipstick tube and the pump.
Start the enjun and draw a sample, close the valve when the bottle gets full.

Imo get the $48 mightyvac from harbor freight. Often they have 10% or 15% off deals.

Then its a useful tool for other projects. Just dedicate a piece of hose for it that only is for the samples.
Thats the one I have. Mighty useful tool.
It can also double up as a vacuum gauge too.

Has anyone used this on the dipstick in our engines?
Yup. use these at my work all the time. at least I used to before I was moved into the storeroom. my work has a contract with Exxon Mobil where we send them samples and they provide us with all the oil we need. I dont know all the details of the contract, but they provide these sample suckers and the bottles.

I have a few hand pumps.

I can't remember if I have that one. I think I have one from Amsoil and I have the Mightyvac kit.

I also have or had an electric pump that was used for changing the oil in an IO boat engine.

I've also used a retired lift pump. I made a harness with alligator clips, inline fuse and toggle switch.

I never threw away a lift pump, if it was still working. If you pump something and ruin the pump,, you aren't out anything

That audi that I worked on, it had an electric vacuum pump for the brake booster.
I think if I would ever again run a turbo with a vacuum actuated waste gate, and the belt driven pump on the engine failed, I’d eliminate that vacuum pump and get a new electronical vacuum pump from Audi and plumb that to the vacuum system.
Be an easy conversion, install a key on relay switch and plumb the electronical side of the Audi vacuum plump too it.
Be easy to make a sample bottle attachment to that vacuum system at the same time.

Back