• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uh oh...got a red drip

I'll know if the new factory line is better come below zero weather. I did my pressure line last winter. They are "supposedly" an improved crimp. I've seen no sign of a leak after 30k+ miles but it's more of a cold weather thing anyway.
Side note... Bill did you do yours? How was it?

Ozzie, do the permanent fix and be done with it! Mine cost me about $200 with everything to fix. Mine are overkill! I think I have pics in my album. I did the 2 lowers while still affixed to the truck. I am still waiting to fix the upper most hose. That one is not leaking. The lower hose is the most common.

another idea would be to have the dealer order them then bring the lines to a hydraulic shop and have then double crimp the ends so they should never leak again. then go back to the dealer and have them installed and never worry again. probably what i will do in the spring.

and if they ever leak again i will just make my own and then they will definitely not leak ;)

another idea would be to have the dealer order them then bring the lines to a hydraulic shop and have then double crimp the ends so they should never leak again. then go back to the dealer and have them installed and never worry again. probably what i will do in the spring.

and if they ever leak again i will just make my own and then they will definitely not leak ;)
They aren't standard type crimp on fittings like an Aeroquip or Parker. Much lighter duty (thinner wall) and aluminum so a conventional hose crimp collet would probably destroy them without some real finesse.

Mike, I sure did 4 1/2 hours start to finish. Not really that fun to do on your back but they are in and not leaking,...... yet.
Excellent!:thumbsup:
Did you think the new 'improved' ones looked any different?

me niether...):h

the new ones are identical. on a side note, i may have 2 used sets coming up for scrap if anyone is interested in doing the mike l fix. pm me if you interested. first 2 get them if i get them.

She goes in first thing Sat morning for a look. I will be sure to ask if they have improved those lines at all from the leakers they are currently using.
This time around is on their dime...but...how long are those line warrantied once they replace them? I'll be past the 36k before too long.

If this happens again (I have the feeling it will), I will be bypassing any stock replacements and going straight to the bullet proof model.

Did you think the new 'improved' ones looked any different?

Nope they looked the same as they always have. Changing the P/N's every year will not fix the issue.

I will be dissecting mine over the weekend for a better look.

Last edited:
I'm working on a theory Ozzie. You say she seems cold when this is happening? Is she also quite tempermental? Does this red drip situation seem to occur about once a month?

Ahh...all is well now. Took it into the dealership and next thing you know they had run to get the parts and had it torn down. The downside is I wasn't prepared for them to do the work today, so I got to wait. Nothing like killing time at a KMart...:sad:

Three tranny lines, a steering shaft and bushing, and reprogram the module for the high idle tranny overheat TSB.

She's golden again...whew! Now I can put my tune back in it...that was very noticeable towing stock again for a week. Didn't much care for it.

When I learned that the warranty on some parts was up at 36k I figured this was my shot to get what I could.
I had no idea about the steering shaft bushing, but it feels great now.
Maybe they actually came up with a way to fix it.

Glad it's all good for ya Oz! We'll see how the complaints roll in on the cooler lines soon enough... I'm hoping to see a nice mild winter for a change this year!

I've gotta work out in it, so me too! And it's gets mighty cold in these parts...no front cover on yet, but I suspect it won't be long.

Back