• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uh oh...got a red drip

Ozzie

Snow looming...run!!
Reaction score
When my truck is cold, I have developed a drip just behind my radiator. It goes away when it warms up.
I pulled the plastic cover off underneath and I have a wet tranny line. I was hoping there was a fitting I could tighten, but no joy...
Of course it's part of a longer line than doesn't look fun to get to.

Is this a warranty item? Mine is a 2007 with about 32k on it.

As long as you are within the warranty parameters or close they should take care of you. This is a very common problem when the air temperature drops. I will be putting the third set in mine tomorrow.

Good news and bad...it is covered under warranty, but the service advisor I spoke with wasn't very accommodating. They are open on Saturdays and can have a hardline guy to do the line, but he won't commit to do it as they're only open 4 hours on Saturday.

My truck works for a living...they have my truck during the week and I lose income. I tried a few other shops and they don't even have a guy for Sat. so it looks like I have to go and try to work something out. Maybe a bud has a truck I can borrow for the day.

Down time for you would be bad thats for sure. IIRC the last set that was put in took about 2 1/2 hours.

oz,i say this often, but take a look at the mike l replacements. they are nice and are a cure for the leak. they are not to bad to do so a 4 hr guy should get them done.

Mine still leak. I need to get mine taken care of.

they are not covered under the 5 year 100000 mile warranty....just had one of mine replaced to the tune of 330 bucks....quite the rip off if you ask me

I had mine replaced under warranty with no questions asked. I was under the impression that there's a TSB out for it.

Last edited:
they are not covered under the 5 year 100000 mile warranty....just had one of mine replaced to the tune of 330 bucks....quite the rip off if you ask me

My dealer told me they are covered up to 36k.
...and I wasn't aware this is a reoccurring issue, so this time I'll let the dealer do it, next time (??) I'll be looking into the Mikey replacements.
Thanks for that - I didn't know this so prevalent.

did i miss something? I don't see where in that thread it mentions what millage it is good for...not trying to be sarcastic....

Your right Mike. I did not think mileage would be a factor in an 07.5 you sure do a good deal of driving. $330.00 is a hefty tag. Those lines are not really expensive.

As long as we're on this subject, how much would it cost for a set of those Mikey lines? Something tells me I'll be revisiting this issue.
I can't afford to have my truck down...this might be a good winter project for when the trucks not earning it's keep.

I had mine warrantied at...lemme look, I've got the papers in my desk...39,011 miles. Earlier this year, I'm at 49,0xx now.

Good news and bad...it is covered under warranty, but the service advisor I spoke with wasn't very accommodating. They are open on Saturdays and can have a hardline guy to do the line, but he won't commit to do it as they're only open 4 hours on Saturday.

My truck works for a living...they have my truck during the week and I lose income. I tried a few other shops and they don't even have a guy for Sat. so it looks like I have to go and try to work something out. Maybe a bud has a truck I can borrow for the day.

Wish you were closer you could use mine Ozzie

Thank you Justin...you're a good man Charlie Brown. :thumbsup:

It looks like two lines are leaking, so it's gonna have to go in during the week and spend the day at the doc. I was able to line up another truck so I won't miss any work.

Back