• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

trans temp gauge

3cylinder

Reaction score
On my way home I noticed that my trans temp gauge was not working. Also I tried to shift to manual, no lites or gear selection showed on dash, also noticed that Tow/haul would lite up but was not working. After I got home shut her off and then re-started everything was fine. It's been working and have had no problems since. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be watching for a problem?

if it happens again i would worry. sometimes weird stuff happens on these stupid trucks. how are the batteries? if there old or a little low it could be a reason.

I'm guessing the batteries are fine, being it's a 3 year old truck. How many miles? If it's within the 3yr/36k, take it to the stealer and have it checked out. Might have thrown a body code, and those don't generally throw a light.

The trucks got 50,000 miles on it. Just came out of the blue. No lite came on. It has'nt happened again. The batteries are fine. Would a tech 2 find a body code?

Hopefully it was just a hiccup. I've had a few of those with all 3 of my HDs. None have ever been there more than once.

The trucks got 50,000 miles on it. Just came out of the blue. No lite came on. It has'nt happened again. The batteries are fine. Would a tech 2 find a body code?

Yes a Tech II would. It's the "Official" GM computer they use.

You might try a autoparts store first as some will ready a code for free.

if it set a code. however i have found it is more likely than not to not have anything stored. sometimes the "logic" thats programmed into the computers just goes bonkers and acts weird. i would not worry.

temp

Thanks for the input, so far everything has been fine.

Mike, I don't know if you got my PM, but yes I know Henry, and will be seeing him at Norwalk race in Oct. Some of his UK buddies are coming in for the race.

Thanks for the input, so far everything has been fine.

Mike, I don't know if you got my PM, but yes I know Henry, and will be seeing him at Norwalk race in Oct. Some of his UK buddies are coming in for the race.

Yep, got it. He said he's looking forward to it, his buddies (mates... freakin limeys :rolleyes5:) being over and seeing his US pals again.

Back