• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trans Log

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a quick trans log I tested with the BBL. Nick, I noticed you talked about slip. But, does this look normal?

It doesn't look like you were 'on it' with the torque converter locked during any part of that log. The converter is unlocked the whole time.

T/H needs to be engaged and the truck needs to be run hard for the test to give meaningful results.

Nick

It doesn't look like you were 'on it' with the torque converter locked during any part of that log. The converter is unlocked the whole time.

T/H needs to be engaged and the truck needs to be run hard for the test to give meaningful results.

Nick

Yea, I forget to hit tow/haul.

Here is a different log..

Never mind that one Nick.

Let me go try again today and I'll post it back up...

Ran got a chance today Nick. I kicked it from 50 (passing car) and my max slip was 37. Good or bad?

I'll attach the log in case you find time to look at it. The last 500 frame's is where I ran it hard.

37 with the TC locked?? I thought that was in the red area for limp mode.

Yeah Jeff, it looks like the TC is having a bit of trouble at max torque 2500-2650 RPM as per frame ~6480, but recovers after that. You may consider backing the desired torque down a bit in that region and retesting.

Stock torque converter?

Nick

Yeah Jeff, it looks like the TC is having a bit of trouble at max torque 2500-2650 RPM as per frame ~6480, but recovers after that. You may consider backing the desired torque down a bit in that region and retesting.

Stock torque converter?

Nick

Completely stock tranny..

I'll give that a shot..Thanks a ton Nick.

I never loked at it on this computer. im on my Mac which obviously doesnt have EFi Live.

Back