• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

trans. cooler lines

runem'hard

Reaction score
just wondering about the leaky trans cooler lines on my LMM, and now a buddy of mine that owns an LBZ are now leaking. just thought that i would put up a thread about it.

ya i figured it was, my 36000 mile warranty is up but i figured it would still be covered under powertrain(figuring that it is tecnically part of the trans.), but no of course not. so i told them i would be in every week for a top off. have you done any yourself, i heard that they are a bitch.

I did the last set myself. It's doable but far from fun when your doing it off your back...

ya i can imagine it isnt any to fun. but i went to the dealership... which they are normally pretty cool about everything... and they said it isnt covered under warranty because gm says that it is caused from power adders which is a croc of shit.

With a statement like that I would be looking for another dealer. They know these lines are crap and it is not because of a tuner.

I agree with what Bill said 100% but if your dealer "who is normally cool" knows you are running a tuner, this could be thier way of warning you about them not giving you any future help because of it. JM2C

My dealer replaced mine with 87,000 on the truck. I had to call GM customer service and get it approved but it was no problem. I own two 06 GMC's and I know the service writer told them that. He said it helped, I don't know, just glad they covered it. Now I should have a 12000-12 month warrenty on that since they did it.

idk... its still bull to even have to go through the hastle. but everyone is tight for money. i told them i would be back every week to get a top off.

):h Do what you gotta, but I got a feeling being a PITA to them isn't gonna help your cause any...):h Your results may vary though.:D

):h Do what you gotta, but I got a feeling being a PITA to them isn't gonna help your cause any...):h Your results may vary though.:D

ya i said that to them as a joke. i hope you dont think im going to waste the feul to drive there everyweek, at a nearing 3 bucks a gallon.

im not going to lie they did do the day that i went to talk to them. idk... the service manager seeings how im over on my milage it would have to get covered under the powertrain warranty... he said they are a little more strict with that.

brought it in for an inspection and they saw the leak. now they say that they are going to replace them. under warranty... wtf

We're looking at a stretch of 0 and below weather coming on so I get to see if that OEM replacement line still holds up. Knock on wood!

Back