• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tow Mirrors

Crazy

Reaction score
I know some you 6.5 guys put the pull out tow mirrors on these truck and want to do the same i need know what yr trucks did you get for and some tell good place to get at i need some fit 97 3500

Thanks for any info

Bruce

Im also looking into stocking some mirrors like David and Barry have on theirs. Along with the Dodge TTM

Im also looking into stocking some mirrors like David and Barry have on theirs. Along with the Dodge TTM
I think that would be a great idea Leroy.

GMT800 style mirror install by Me.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?26428-Finally!-GMT800-style-towing-mirrors-on-GMT400.

In addition to Leroy's original Dodge mirror install, Great White also did one.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sh...nstall-98-01-Dodge-towing-mirrors-on-a-GMT400

Few shots of the GMT800 style on my 88. I have now swapped them onto my 99.

P1110065.jpg

P1110067.jpg

P1110068.jpg

P1110320.jpg

P1110323.jpg

P1110326.jpg

Ok is there diff between 97 and 99 door i have notice mirrors 88-98 the it goes 99-06 i think but looking at 88gmctruck 99 truck the doors look the same

88gmctruck nice looking ride

They're an aftermarket mirror designed for that body style. 99 and 00 were changeover years, some of each body style were still made.

From 1988-2002 GM produced the GMT-400 platform of trucks & suvs. In 1999 GM introduced the GMT-800 truck & suv platform. Other forums may refer to these two as OBS & NBS, respectively. As you can see there is an obnoxious overlap for owners of those years when shopping for parts. You are correct to look at the bodylines and ask for clarification. :)

I'm in the process of installing these same mirrors as Barry and David. They are on my pickup now as of three days ago. I do really like them!! It is soooo nice to be able to see out back now.

Leroy, be aware that these mirrors are not plug-n-play for these rigs until sometime after 99. The connectors on the mirror are 8 pin and the earlier vehicle is 6 pin. Wiring for these mirrors has not been easy, but thanks to Barry and David the mirror wiring is sorted now, just not permanently installed yet.

Don

Let us know as soon as you have come to a decision. I would like to purchase a set, but ive been holding off as barry had mentioned you might start carrying them. Thanks

I loved them so much on the 88 that I might just end up buying another set for it. They are nothing short of amazing on a lifted truck or while towing.

Anything is better than the stockers.
It will be two weeks before I know anything on if I will offer these mirrors.

Well order my mirrors Friday from Raceguy on ebay
That name is a alias [one of many ] for Option Racing. They do not warrenty them at all. Absolutely no customer serverice. If you get defective mirrors ,you have to pay shipping to return,if they will take them back at all. Read this before reading all the fine print in their ebay ad http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sh...owing-Mirrors-From-Option-Racing-Buyer-Beware . I was contacted by other buyers from ebay about their dealings with these crooks. They have at least 4 alias'. You have been warned.

Back