• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torx tamper proof ??

Acesneights1

Reaction score
What does that mean ? I am looking for a new set of Torx screwdrivers but I don't know what tamper proof means vs regular ??

Nothing is tamper proof,with the right tool any thing can be taken apart.
If that don't work,a BFH or a torch get the job done,maybe not exactly as intended but done anyway :D

Yep - 'Tamper-proof' fasteners have a pin in the middle, so a 'normal' torx bit won't socket into the hole.

Also known as 'Security-Torx'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

Also known as, Those @#$$% #@%$ %@%$% %$@#$ !!! Now I gotta go buy another set of tools.

They used those on the IAC motor on my Impala. Ya really think that's something that needs security???? Good grief.

Also known as, Those @#$$% #@%$ %@%$% %$@#$ !!! Now I gotta go buy another set of tools.

They used those on the IAC motor on my Impala. Ya really think that's something that needs security???? Good grief.

that was to satisfy the gov EPA

I removed all of mine and replaced them with Polished hex-head cap-screws and washers from Fastenal on my Bonne. Looks better, and way easier to use. The bolts are M1x2.5, IIRC.

But yes, security/tamper proof torx have a pin in the middle.

Nothing is tamper proof,with the right tool any thing can be taken apart.
If that don't work,a BFH or a torch get the job done,maybe not exactly as intended but done anyway :D

:rof:

Oh wait... Do I have to put it back together? :skep:

I took a cheap torx set to the drill press... now they're hollow :D

Only worked for the bigger ones, though. I lack patience, I fear.

you can buy cheap a cheap set at sears.

Youll need them to get into some p-pumps to "turn then up".

Back