• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Too Far Gone

Big T

Reaction score
You know you're too far gone (to the diesel dark side) when you need to que up benzworld.com to find where the spark plugs are on your wife's SLK 230. On the other hand, replacing the serpentine belts was less than 15 minutes ;-)

:haha:

Gotta love when you get used to diesel. Friend came to me with a question regarding a noise in his car. I diagnosed the engine and told him what I though. Came back to me a week later and told me the mechanic said the what I said only existed in diesels.

Needless to say, we both got a kick out of it.

Sven, the Mercedes is the wife's car; I only work on it. She had to have a small sports car "because she wasn't getting any younger". It's a 6 speed manual and I will say that the supercharger provides plenty of low speed grunt for a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder. I never see that low end torque in the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder in my Honda Accord, a 5 speed manual. Lots of little annoying things to go wrong in the Mercedes. Not so with my Honda.

Sven, the Mercedes is the wife's car; I only work on it. She had to have a small sports car "because she wasn't getting any younger". It's a 6 speed manual and I will say that the supercharger provides plenty of low speed grunt for a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder. I never see that low end torque in the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder in my Honda Accord, a 5 speed manual. Lots of little annoying things to go wrong in the Mercedes. Not so with my Honda.

No problem with. I also have a 1998 Mercedes C180 as a daily driver to work. It also is a gas engine with a little 1.8 liter engine and auto tranny cauz I get any younger too and I'm tiered of "stirring the fuel with the stickshift" due to the traffic we have here in germany. Auto tranny is more relaxing.

Here in germany most taxi/cab are mercedes like the most cab in the us are crown vic's. Mercedes is not inexpensive, so from that comes the slogan, "If you want to... " When my wife, kid and me are going to friends, shopping, etc. we're often talk like this : "Shall we take your car or the taxi" ?

And Yes, I understand your prob with sparkplugs. I had to look up on the internet for my mercedes, where the in-cab filter is located as i wanted to change it.

Cu,
Sven

Attachments

• Klein04.jpg
    Klein04.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Klein05.jpg
    Klein05.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
You know you're too far gone (to the diesel dark side) when you need to que up benzworld.com to find where the spark plugs are on your wife's SLK 230. On the other hand, replacing the serpentine belts was less than 15 minutes ;-)

:nonod: Not gone far enough. She should have a Mercedes diesel... Unless your 'spark plug change' included dropping in a Duramax?

:nonod: Not gone far enough. She should have a Mercedes diesel... Unless your 'spark plug change' included dropping in a Duramax?

LOL! Unfortunately, I've got the short stroker. I never made it past key grip in the film industry. I've tried to make up by redlining it over an endurance race, but the fuel system can't take it anymore. Guess I'm due for some new HO marine injectors :)

How about climbing in your other car, turning the key on and looking for the "WAIT TO START" light to go out? Caught myself doing it in the Explorer the other day......too much Diesel time.....
As far as the Benz, I knew a guy that would go to Germany on vaca just to buy the Benz with hubcaps and a 5-speed since the U.S. only gets the luxury models and price tag to match.

The wait for glow plug light becomes a non-issue with a Duramax and warmer weather. Wasn't till cold weather that I even noticed the little coil thingy light up on the 08 dash.

I'm still looking at the cluster for glow light when I switch on my Zuki :rolleyes5:

I had a buddy past day who told me : "Al, spark plugs may be hot enough now, key on!" I hate this guy :D

Roll window down at that point and scream "Clear Prop!" ):h

Back