• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tonights run

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got back to the track tonight.

Made a best pass of 8.52 @ 80.50 MPH

.854 R/T
1.829 60FT
5.462 330FT
7.969 594 FT

8.528 1/8 ET

80.50 MPH

Made 6 passes with 8.8 being my worst, 2 more passes in the 8.5's, and the rest was 8.6's, and 8.7's.

Big Thanks goes out to Jim for the sleeves, one pass I boosted up and the track official said my wheels was shaking bad. I hopped bad as I could tell it.

Next, trans goes in a couple of weeks, then a lift pump, and different tuning to put the fuel to it. I'm just hazing down the track.

Overall, this isn't bad for a stock trans, as I've BEAT this thing. No limps YET.

This is a run of my 8.6, camera guy rode with me for the most night so this is the only video I got.

YouTube - Duramax 8.5 @ 80MPH, Stock Trans, EFI Live Tune

Not too shabby.:beer: Gettin better. I need to get back to the strip one of these days.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Noah, I'm still trying to figure out how you launched at 10 psi. My front end felt like it was falling apart.

I might make it to the strip one more time on the stock trans, I'm not sure yet.

My tire pressure's was not touched either, that might of hurt me.

Thanks guys.

Noah, I'm still trying to figure out how you launched at 10 psi. My front end felt like it was falling apart.

All I do is drop my t-bars all the way down, then as I'm staging I start to build up the boost.
I pull up ant trip the first staging light then try to wait for the other person to fully stage. then as you ease forward, keep building your boost till you get it where you want it, then trip the second staging light and hold the boost pressure and when the lights drop, just let off the brake and toe nail it.:D It'll take a little bit of practice to get it just right.

All I do is drop my t-bars all the way down, then as I'm staging I start to build up the boost.
I pull up ant trip the first staging light then try to wait for the other person to fully stage. then as you ease forward, keep building your boost till you get it where you want it, then trip the second staging light and hold the boost pressure and when the lights drop, just let off the brake and toe nail it.:D It'll take a little bit of practice to get it just right.

I'll have to give it a try.. :D

Back