• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire width

Chevy3500

Reaction score
Ive bought me some new rims. They take 10 inch diam tires. Well if i am correct my tires are about 11 inches wide, they are LT285/75R16 Tires
Can someone confirm the size of the tires and if they will fit on these rims thanks alot for your time

Attachments

• Rebal Racing Rims.jpg
    Rebal Racing Rims.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
10 inch 'width' wheels would be a stretch for 285's.

I have 285.75.16's on my PYO wheels and they're 6.5" wide.. Not ideal either but they work and look ok..

I looked up the decode for the tire and it said 285 was the width of the tire in millimeters so i converted 285 millimeters to inches and it was alittle over 11

But is 285 the 'section' width?

Your tires WILL seat on a 10 inch wheel but you may be a little put off by the 'look'.. that's all.. Go for it.

Thats why i am looking for pictures, i dont know how it would look odd, this guy i talked to has 245s on a 9 inch rim and it looks good,

Problem will be the rim is the same width as the tread width. On a factory wheel/tire combo the tread is wider than the rim by .5-2" (depending on the truck). This gives proper tire wear, wide wheels wear out the shoulder on narrow tires, and narrow wheels wear out the center section of wide tires.

PYO and 285's are a decent match, I think PYO's are 6.5" IIRC

My low pro 285's on a 9" rim are to narrow of a tire. The shoulders are wearing alot faster than the center section.

33's on a 2wd would be a bit much. (305.70.16)

275.70.16 would be a better fit IMO.. 31" tall or so. Still a stretch on a 10" wheel..

An 8" wheel would open up more tire options.

I'd try your 285's first, at least they're paid for...

I didnt realize we are talking about a 2wd (naturally thought 4x4 when someone said wide wheels and 33's).

They make lower profile wide tires, they might not be as high weight rated though.

The only reason i have 285s is because they were free, and what is a pyo, i guess i will take it up to pond tire tomorrow and have them do one wheel and see what it looks like.

Back