• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Time For a New Floor Jack

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Well the title says it all and I'm looking for suggestions/experiences. Today I put a new exhaust on the wifes Blazer and when I was done I barely got it off the jack stands. I will be replacing a Craftsman 3 ton. I need to move pretty quickly on this because its almost time to put the winter sneakers back on the truck.

Lowes has a pretty decent 3 ton floor jack with 2 jack stands for 99.00, I just bought one. It works pretty good has the one pump quick raise feature, the jack stands are a bit cheap, but work well for light stuff. Oh its a Kobalt brand.

Well the title says it all and I'm looking for suggestions/experiences. Today I put a new exhaust on the wifes Blazer and when I was done I barely got it off the jack stands. I will be replacing a Craftsman 3 ton. I need to move pretty quickly on this because its almost time to put the winter sneakers back on the truck.

hmm, interesting,

just today, my craftsman 3 ton floor jack crapped out on me while I was putting in my sulastic schackles. had to go get the jack off the back of the jeep just to get the truck off the jack stands :mad2:

I just picked up a craftsman 3 ton with two stands and creeper (don't remember how much - maybe $150). the first one lasted 8 years. Unless something has changed, I like their stuff.

I didn't spend the $$$ for the one or two pump raise though.

Sounds like the jack has a leak and is low on oil. It's very common and can usually be fixed with new o-rings.

Any well equiped hardware or automotive parts place will have o-rings. As for the manual/diagram, sorry, I can't help you there.

If it's only seeping, try filling it back up with oil. Again, hardware/automotive store should have hydraulic oil. If the jack works, at least you'll know what the problem is.

Dad has a 2.5 ton craftsman from the 80s. Still gettin it done down in texas. I have a 3 ton craftsman, its 4 years old now and and no hiccups. A buddy of mine has a low pro 3 ton aluminum with quick lift. Dont remember the brand but damn that thing is nice

Guys I will only say this about it. What is your life worth ? Cheap Jack=Death
Spend the money and buy a Lincoln. Lincoln Jacks are professional grade heavy duty. They also have u joints instead of that stupid wheel/gear that always jams. My 2 ton Lincoln has picked up my oil truck(not loaded). Cheap made in china jacks and jack stands kill people. PLain and simple. I have had my Lincoln 10 years. No leaks no issues. Aside from sh%tty hydraulics cheap jacks tend to blow apart on the bottom scissors.

Guys I will only say this about it. What is your life worth ? Cheap Jack=Death
Spend the money and buy a Lincoln. Lincoln Jacks are professional grade heavy duty. They also have u joints instead of that stupid wheel/gear that always jams. My 2 ton Lincoln has picked up my oil truck(not loaded). Cheap made in china jacks and jack stands kill people. PLain and simple. I have had my Lincoln 10 years. No leaks no issues. Aside from sh%tty hydraulics cheap jacks tend to blow apart on the bottom scissors.

I agree 100% about your statement about Cheap Jack=Death but since death is not reversible my rule is not to get under anything with out good quality jack stands. You must have a jack that was made before Lincoln was sold. Read this about mid page http://www.hyjacks.com/H2.HTM everything seems to be made in china. American made products are getting hard to find.

I get a discount at the one in Manchester but probably wouldn't even be enough to cover your fuel to drive up.

Kenny, I work in East Hartford so it not really out of the way. Since my first post I think I have fixed what I have.

I can get a price if you want me to. My Lincoln is atleast 10 yrs old. American made. I didn't know about them being made in China. That sucks.

Back