• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking about painting my bowtie...

Unit453

Cruises comfortably at 140...
Administrator
Reaction score
Right now, its silver.

Red or blue? I cant decide. I'm leaning toward blue.

Attachments

• HPIM1314.jpg
    HPIM1314.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 51
  • red bowtie.jpg
    red bowtie.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
  • blue bowtie.jpg
    blue bowtie.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 40
can't you put a lear lens and run an HID light thru it?):h

Yeah, it'd look cool but a colored lense is illegal. I got enough of a supernova on there now. I also thought about LED...

Justin, got any pictures?

Yeah, it'd look cool but a colored lense is illegal. I got enough of a supernova on there now. I also thought about LED...

Justin, got any pictures?

you're a LEO...they can't touch you...and you could use the bluest HID available...

damn...

I dont think I had it on in this pic and this is the only pic I could find :mad2:
Ill have the misses look, she might be able to find a better picture

jttruck007.jpg

They can touch me but I wont give them the opportunity to. Its illegal on a POV. bESIDES, I'd get the "Whacker" image real quick. Thats too ricer anyways, and besides, I have 6 HID ballasts neatly tucked away now, I doubt I'd find room for more.

Check out www.policeposers.com for more whacker info.

At least with a black truck you have options. I had to go black with my bowtie because of the maroon color. I used that Plastic Dip Spray and it worked awesome. It's been on for almost a year and holding well.

nick,

I was wondering what the hell a whacker was when I first started reading your post...never heard that terminology before...I guess that lingo doesn't get used much down here...

Well Nick, between those two colors I'd have to say blue.

I've been thinking about painting mine black with a thin blue line through the middle, ya know.

Yeah, I know. Not many people know what that means though. I think a dark, metallic blue would look good.

Drink a beer take it off. Drink another beer scuff it up a bit. Drink yet another beer then spray it. While it is drying drink as many more beers as you can this way if you screw it up it will still look great. Nick I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!! :cheers2:

Last edited:
unit, just a thought and what im doing.

being your and leo, and im a ff, i am doing a red or purple bowtie with a black stripe through it for my fallen brothers, just thought it would share that.

josh

Back