• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking About Getting A UTV (Side-By-Side)...

Already put it to work hauling firewood. Didn't even notice the Bed was full.

I was gonna get the Diesel, but the only one they had there was a 4 Seater, and like was said, the Diesels only have a 1 Year Warranty, and they aren't gonna be making the Diesel Model anymore.

So I got a Gas 2 Seater, 4WD, Power Steering, Brush Guard and Headache Rack, and standard 3 Year Warranty. They didn't even Charge me for the Accessories since they were already on it from the Factory.
Try hauling a load like this with your motorized wheel barrow :hihi:

Attachments

• firewood 2011 005.jpg
    firewood 2011 005.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4
We have an older John Deere Gator that we use, and have had great luck with it. It's one of the models with rear suspension. It's got 600 hours now, and other than oil changes and some self inflicted damage it hasn't had a thing done to it. It's due for a belt now is it is getting to where you have to rev it a bit before it catches and takes off, and a set of kingpin bushings because it doesn't get greased enough, but 600 hours without anything is pretty dang good considering how we use it. It has moved trailers around the yard, hauled brush, logs, just getting across the property, and we also pull a pretty heavy drag with it for knocking down the manure in the field. It only runs 22 top speed, but we really don't go anywhere near that fast except for when we use it to run to the store down the road.

Nice! Glad to see someone at Kawasaki is using their head. That's a perfect use of otherwise wasted tubing.

Sent from Behind the Pine Curtain

Real nice James. I wish you the best of luck with it. That is real sharp. :thumbsup: Looks to me like a golf cart on steroids. :lmao:
But I bet it can hold its own for the utility aspect. ;)

Real nice James. I wish you the best of luck with it. That is real sharp. :thumbsup: Looks to me like a golf cart on steroids. :lmao:
But I bet it can hold its own for the utility aspect. ;)

Yea, it's def doin good for me. It's a 617cc V-Twin too, so it's a Torquey Golf Cart on Steroids.

Gonna have to order the Hydro's for the Dump Bed though. Takes 2 people to Dump a Full Load of Wood, and if you're by yourself, you gotta unload until you can Lift it by yourself, which kinda defeats the purpose of a Dump Bed.

I helped a buddy build a lift for his bed. Kinda dorky but it worked. He had a small winch on his, so... We mounted 2 pulleys on the cage, one front corner, the other on a bracket that was about 1/2 foot above and rear of the back corner. Then welded a ring on the front bottom corner of the bed. When he needed to lift, he just put the winch in free spool, hooked it up, and ran the winch. It didn't lift the bed to max, but about 75-80%. He didn't use his tilt bed more than once a week, so it wasn't worth the cost to him for the hydros.

I tired to talk him into building a scissor bracket under the bed, then running a cable to the front for the winch cable to hook to, keeping everything more sanitary. If you have the extra cash for the hydro, then definitely go that way.

So far is the Mule still doing ok James? I figure by now you have put it through some heavy duty work projects.

I would not mind to have a UTV, the hardest thing to me would be deciding on which brand to buy. I mentioned earlier my contractor has either one like you bought or the bigger one. So far he really loves his and to hear him tell it, the Kawasaki is the only way to go.

So far is the Mule still doing ok James? I figure by now you have put it through some heavy duty work projects.

I would not mind to have a UTV, the hardest thing to me would be deciding on which brand to buy. I mentioned earlier my contractor has either one like you bought or the bigger one. So far he really loves his and to hear him tell it, the Kawasaki is the only way to go.

Oh yea, it's been flawless. Still on it's first tank of gas, been hauling loads of Mulch and Logs and it hasn't skipped a beat. It has Bumpstops for the Rear Leafs, but I dunno why, when this thing is loaded down, it barely squats!

But yea, this thing is a true Workhorse and I'm def. Glad I went with it over a "Sport" Model...it's def. been worth the Money so far.

Still would be interesting to see how it compares to the Diesel Model.

That would be interesting, Diesel VS. Gas. Don't know what the payoff would be unless the fuel efficiency played a part? As far as loads would the diesel haul any more that would justify it? Probably has more torque and low end grunt, but is it needed?

I wonder if easier starting in real cold weather and cheaper fuel prices is the winning factor as far as Gas VS. Diesel, gas maybe having an edge then?

Another thing is cost, what kind of difference we talking about diesel option VS. gas option on the Mule? Heck I know I looked them up before but my mind has since forgotten.

That would be interesting, Diesel VS. Gas. Don't know what the payoff would be unless the fuel efficiency played a part? As far as loads would the diesel haul any more that would justify it? Probably has more torque and low end grunt, but is it needed?

I wonder if easier starting in real cold weather and cheaper fuel prices is the winning factor as far as Gas VS. Diesel, gas maybe having an edge then?

Another thing is cost, what kind of difference we talking about diesel option VS. gas option on the Mule? Heck I know I looked them up before but my mind has since forgotten.

According to other Diesel Mule Owners, it REALLY Sips Fuel.

Load Capacity is the same.

IIRC Gas has 32ft/lb Diesel has 38lb/ft.

Again, according to other Diesel Owners, it has no problem starting in Cold Temps (Lowest I saw was around 0 and they had no problem).

Diesel Option is about $1k more.

Big downer...they aren't making the Diesel Model anymore. 2013 was the last Year for em.

The one thing about a diesel is that you pay upfront for it! They whack you. The only other issues with the diesels is that they are much slower on the top end. They are really "need specific."

According to other Diesel Mule Owners, it REALLY Sips Fuel.

Load Capacity is the same.

IIRC Gas has 32ft/lb Diesel has 38lb/ft.

Again, according to other Diesel Owners, it has no problem starting in Cold Temps (Lowest I saw was around 0 and they had no problem).

Diesel Option is about $1k more.

Big downer...they aren't making the Diesel Model anymore. 2013 was the last Year for em.

I noticed that after I went to the website. Guess that solves that decision and If a person was wanting a diesel they would probably have a hard time finding a left over 2013 model.

WOW, several of them at a range of prices. I wouldn't have thought there would be many left, might be a sign of the times and people are not buying now?

Oh yea, great link, Thanks.

Back