• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Technical reading

I still have a kit that I bought in May 2006. This is prior to the patent date but it appears that they were working on this as far back as 2002. Is there any way to know if this kit would be the upgraded kit? There is no part # of any kind on the box.

I still have a kit that I bought in May 2006. This is prior to the patent date but it appears that they were working on this as far back as 2002. Is there any way to know if this kit would be the upgraded kit? There is no part # of any kind on the box.

All of the tRANSGO kits are built the same. The patent was filed early in the development process and covers MANY different types of mods that could be done. The shift kits are a mix of the methods listed in the patent app.

OK, thanks, I guess I'm good to go for my 2005. It limped yesterday and I want to be prepared for a little upgrading.

Just remember that to get the full benefit out of a 5 speed, you have to pull the trans and do the internal mods. A TRANSGO kit will boost holding power while the torque converter is unlocked, but once it locks the line pressures going to the clutches will be close to what stock was. The benefit will be though that it will ramp the pressure in faster due to the TRANSGO kit and helps somewhat with clutch slippage. Also I have found that with stock trim valves my tunes flare horribly on a couple of the shifts, with the TRANSGO valves no more flaring.

Yeah, I realize its got to be pulled, thats part of the reason I still have it unused! I bought it initially to cure the drain back issue I was having with an '01 with an 8.1liter engine. That problem sort of goes away if you make sure to run the truck at least once every 5 or 6 days. Now, that truck is gone and I still have the kit.

I know you have done a lot of work getting to know the allison from this and other forums. Maybe you could give me your opinion on the limp I had the other day. I don't believe it was the classic limp that I have read so much about although the code it gave was p0735. This was the situation with my 2005 lly. I was about 40 miles from town, the weather was cool, right around freezing with snowy/slushy/wet highways. I was in the ~100hp setting on the dsp switch. I had been on this setting for the last 3-4 weeks so I believe the adaptive learning had all been pretty well done. I came to a 4-way stop at a new construction area that wasn't paved yet. There were a few small potholes and a little washboard and I kind of rolled thru the stop because there wasn't anyone else there. I was pretty well across the road when the truck jumped up to 4th gear (I think) and the mil light came on. I had just accelerated normally when it happened and I am sure it started out in 1st. I pulled over, turned it off and restarted but the light stayed on and I had no reverse and it was starting out in 4th gear. I didn't have my code reader with me so I had to come back home to see the codes and clear it. Since then the truck has ran fine and no sign of slipping at all. From the many threads I have read the last few days, this limp usually happens when giving 'er at much higher speeds when the tranny is shifting up from 4th to 5th or down 5th to 4th and usually reverse is still there. I have also read that the code can happen if there is a problem with the transfer case but I think mine is fine. I put the pump rub fix in it last spring.

What do you think of the situation? I was planning on pulling the tranny this spring anyway to do the shift kit as well as put on a new flexplate due to the starter grind issue I have.

From what I read, that code isn't good. Keep the power down and baby it until you can pull her out.

Back