• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TCM input signal lost

PINETREE

Reaction score
I had codes P0880 and U0101 and the truck was stuck in 4th. After cutting off and eraseing the codes, i cranked it back up and it drove fine. I still can pull the P0880 (TCM input signal) and it wont permanently erase. It will go into P.N,D.and M now but i dont know why i still have that one code.
All i did the day before was replace the fan belt and i laid the fan shroud, with the TCM still attached, back over on the motor. I unplugged the TCM and checked the harness but dont see a problem. Also checked the harness that goes down and plugs into the valve body on the transmission. Can anyone help me out?

After leaving the batteries disconnected all day, i hooked them back up and went for a drive for 10 to 12 miles and the truck drove normally and the cel never came on. After i got back, i checked for DTCs' with the edge evo and it still shows the P0880 and wont erase the code out of itself yet, the cel is not on.

Anyone have an idea whats going on?

Also, is it possible the truck is fine and its just the tuner? P0880 is the only code it wont delete out of itself.

alot of tuners dont have the capability of erasing tcm codes. they erase the cel only. the tcm will not send a signal to the ecm for the cel for this code. the cel came from the u0101 code. that code is a loss of communication with the tcm from the ecm, the 0880 code is a tcm loss of power before it saved the driving charecteristics of the last driving cycle. to codes are probably related to moving the tcm. it may have tugged one of the wires and made a bad connection. i would not worry. bring it to the dealer and have them delete the code with a tech 2.

Thanks man. Like i say, it drove fine the last time out after i removed, checked and cleaned the harnesses. I have very limited knowledge on this but i would have to assume that if the tcm was in fact bad, it would screw up and stay screwed up but not be working fine now.

Ive never had the dealer check or erase codes. Is there a steep fee for that and would they refuse or create a problem when they saw the tuner and exhaust? (dpf delete)

Back