• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

super slick slick stuff spray lube and other products from Protexall Opinions ?

schiker

Reaction score
I like good spray lubes and quality protective products! It has had its time and will use WD-40 for some things but I don't really like it. Seems there are so many better options out there now.

I recently saw Super Slick Slick Stuff at my father-n-law's house. He lives in Cape Coral / Forty Meyers Florida and says this stuff is what a lot of Salt fishing guys use for their reels and boats. He said it was good stuff. I sprayed it on a reel and wiped it off and it looked like good product.

http://www.superslickstuff.com/categories/Cleaning-Lubricant/All/

So how about some opinions of it and any problems etc. How about some of their other products. Houdini lock lube looks interesting if the advertisement is accurate that it has had a leading following for 30 years.

Interesting stuff. Kinda pricey but if it works it's probably worth it. Gun lube might be good to try.

I bought several cases of ZEP products off CL a year or 2 ago. the spray lube seems pretty decent 16 oz cans for $1 each also some brakeclean type stuff and some spray grease as well. I think there was 8-10 cases all told all for $1 a can.

I have a couple spray's with Teflon and a liquid. I like them for some stuff especially cable lube. But Teflon needs a carrier and separates and leaves a residue.

I don't think there is one lube or spray for everything each has its better application. Need oil and grease too for others.

This super slick slick stuff seems good for stuff you want to leave clean. It was like a very light oil similar to silicone. It did seem to clean and shine the reel I wiped. It smelled a little like pledge as a plus. As a side note I like Fluid Film for similar applications but FF does have a different slightly funny smell. And I don't think FF cleans as well.

I use fluidfilm. You can spray it on anything and rust wont form. It is a little pricey but you can't beat the longterm protection.

Fluid Film is a great protectant and light lube. It leaves a light wax like coating (lanolin) but this SSS leaves a cleaner coating (probably not as strong of protectant though).

The application I am initially thinking of using this SSS on is the ball ends of the tractor 3 pt hitch. I use silicone now but this stuff looks like a good alternative as it will clean off the dust and grime some too. AND it is not suppose to attract dust and dirt. Then the stud on the door jamb of vehicles and my fishing reels.

we try about everything, we liked liquid wrench with teflon in the turqouise can, but that is no longer sold. it was a cheap oil with teflon, so it worked great for sealed bearings on combines, oil dried out to not attract dirt, but left teflon behind for lube.

mag 1 with teflon, its more oily, so it works good in some apps, just scored some zep 45 with teflon for cheap at a freight damage warehouse for like 1.50 a can, and so far I am impressed, fluidfilm, but it isnt used much due to cost, permatex fast break for good "waste a lot to get the job done" penetrating oil, PB blaster, PB50, PB dry lube, WD40, etc. even got some spray anti-seize.

I need to snap a pic of the lube wall, its a cabinet under a cross beam in the metal shop, and the cabinet and cross beam are both stuffed to the max. :)

Yeah I have a cabinet with an assortment: 3 in 1 oil, WD-40, PB Blaster, Fluid Film, Silicone, SeaFoam, Dry Lube, Spray Grease, Spray Teflon, Liquid Wrench, BoeShield, Superlube, and a couple others.

Talk about pricey the Boeshield B9 iirc I haven't seen that around many places. I think I bought mine at Sears a long time ago. It was made by Boeing for a lube and rust preventative iirc. Pretty decent stuff but to be honest it was so expensive I have been too stingy with it.

Back