• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suncoast Stage 3 or Suncoast stage 4?

D

dieseldays

What are the major differences?

And how much for each?

Dont have exact numbers on the cost or specs on the differences.

However Im justy going to tell you to go with the stage IV. Youve already got the tranny out might as well do it right.

heres the differences as posted by mike L from another site
Suncoast 3 contains 14 Alto C1 one sided clutches with thick apply plate. C2 contains 7 Alto frictions with kolene steels and .200 apply plate, C3 has 5 Alto frictions with kolene steels, and C4 has 6 Alto frictions and kolene steels. Transgo shift kit is included with both filters.

Suncoast 4 has 16 C1 one sided Alto's with custom machined apply and pressure plates. C2 contains 7 Alto frictions and kolene with a wave plate and apply plate. C3 has 6 Alto frictions with kolene steels and .250 apply plate with custom machined apply piston as does C4. A ring gear spacer is supplied to support extra C3 clutch. Transgo shift kit, converter flow valve, and some models get a special C1 dump valve. A pressure regulator spacer is also supplied and both filters.

It is definetly worth the extra money to go with the Stage 4 when the trans is already out. No one wants to do that twice! :D

oh yea. I forgot my opinion. do it right the first time. I went with the stage 4 and never looked back. of course. it does depend on what you plan on doing with the truck. I was originally going to get a stage 3. then after talking to mike when he asked me my plans for the truck he said i'd be better off goin for the stage 4. I guess it boils down to how much power you think your going to throw at it. I told him i'm makin teh truck a DD hotrod. thats all he needed to know :D

oh yea. I forgot my opinion. do it right the first time. I went with the stage 4 and never looked back. of course. it does depend on what you plan on doing with the truck. I was originally going to get a stage 3. then after talking to mike when he asked me my plans for the truck he said i'd be better off goin for the stage 4. I guess it boils down to how much power you think your going to throw at it. I told him i'm makin teh truck a DD hotrod. thats all he needed to know :D

What about your occuasional weekend racer? With a 500RWHP tune being as far as you go?

I Think the stage 3 would hold 500. but i'm not sure. I recall McRat limping wendy on the rollers. but I dont know if that was just a converter and transgo Jr or if it was indeed a stage 3. basically I told mike I want my truck to be the east coast wendy. and at that time I Believe the red truck was putting down about 530hp. my personal opinion would be occational weekend racing turns to a sickness and more than 500 hp. especially with efi live. I Was only going to run here or there after I got my trans... that turned into a weekly or several times a week at the track lol

I Think the stage 3 would hold 500. but i'm not sure. I recall McRat limping wendy on the rollers. but I dont know if that was just a converter and transgo Jr or if it was indeed a stage 3. basically I told mike I want my truck to be the east coast wendy. and at that time I Believe the red truck was putting down about 530hp. my personal opinion would be occational weekend racing turns to a sickness and more than 500 hp. especially with efi live. I Was only going to run here or there after I got my trans... that turned into a weekly or several times a week at the track lol

Your probably right. But, I cant afford to drop 20K in my motor..I'll stop..:D

I dunno. I have been running atleast 509 for a little over a year now. probably about 50 passes at the track. I think the killer is some of the tunes that go past 1600 degrees is whats causing the problem. milage wise I have a little more than 25K miles running like this. most passes I didtn get over 1400 degrees ( no fuel pump) and maybe 2 times my egts were over 1600. I have it managable now where i'm jsut a hair under 1600 at the traps.

isnt this getting a little off topic now Mr admin? lol

Hopefully durallymax won't ban me..:pound:

Back on topic..:mod: :D

I have a combination between the stage III and stage IV, with some Mike L. tweeks :eyebrows:

nasty girl is getting revamped. I couldnt get keith to spill the beans on what hes doing, I can only assume its gonna be bad ass again.

The piston failed we think due to a cracked injector body which in turn hydro locked the cylinder. The pistons had over 20,000 miles on the at the time of failure.

Id say thats pretty dang good for stock LBZ pistons, with what your running.

The piston failed we think due to a cracked injector body which in turn hydro locked the cylinder. The pistons had over 20,000 miles on the at the time of failure.

Thanks for chimein' in! :)

Back