• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Still need halp

if the IP were failing it would rev to the moon. your seeing black smoke when hitting a load, what about when it starts doing it's dance at 2500 RPM under load. I am curious if you are loosing boost pressure from the turbo

if the IP were failing it would rev to the moon. your seeing black smoke when hitting a load, what about when it starts doing it's dance at 2500 RPM under load. I am curious if you are loosing boost pressure from the turbo
No sir it stays about 10

Accelerates good but when I get to about 2500 rpms and start to back off it hiccups and jerks until I get back in it.
I have replaced lp, throttle sensor, pmd, ops, cleaned grounds, put clear hose on and no air bubbles. Also replaced hoses that run from pump to filter. 8# with lp and5# when running. Any advice welcome

do you have a boost gauge installed? this is possibly an indication of the boost solenoid or crack in the vacuum lines not allowing the turbo to spool up when a good load is applied. how much black smoke are you seeing in this condition?

do you have a boost gauge installed? this is possibly an indication of the boost solenoid or crack in the vacuum lines not allowing the turbo to spool up when a good load is applied. how much black smoke are you seeing in this condition?
Yes sir I do. New vacuum pump and new hoses. I’m not seeing a lot of black smoke
Remind me again what trouble codes the PCM is showing?
no codes.

Ok, then I would look closely at the fuel pressure. also look for bubbles in the clear return line when this issue occurs. you might have to mount a camera to record it while driving other than someone helping as a second pair of eyes.

Ok, then I would look closely at the fuel pressure. also look for bubbles in the clear return line when this issue occurs. you might have to mount a camera to record it while driving other than someone helping as a second pair of eyes.
Ok I may change lp this weekend. What are the factory conditions at the lp?

Back