• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sticking throw out bearing

beech2000

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for having me.
I changed clutch, pressure plate, pilot and resurfaced the flywheel about a year ago with all NAPA.
Now 35K miles later the clutch pedal became sticky and harder than normal to fully release.
I pulled the tranny tonight. The guide is very sticky and gummy. I didn't use any grease last year on yoke. Should i have?
I have $200 worth of new OEM dodge parts i picked up today.
Dodge Factory Throwout bearing, Pivot arm (Throwout bar), Nylon ball stud for end of arm, Pilot bearing, Springs and 5 quarts of NV45400 lube.
Questions
1) What grease do I use for yoke on tranny? Any? or Dry????
2) What grease for pilot bearing? I used red and tacky last time and Pilot still looks great
3) What grease for nylon ball stud at each end?
4) What grease for clutch splines? any?

Welcome to the forum.

I used wheel bearing grease for pilot from what others suggested.

I would leave splines dry. Thinking grease there will sling off and contaminate the disc.

Not sure on other areas.

I like the idea of caliper pin grease on pivot. But not sure if its compatible with other if you have a zerk and grease it later.

Welcome to the forum.

I used wheel bearing grease for pilot from what others suggested.

I would leave splines dry. Thinking grease there will sling off and contaminate the disc.

Not sure on other areas.

I like the idea of caliper pin grease on pivot. But not sure if its compatible with other if you have a zerk and grease it later.
Thanks for your reply

Back