• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Start(er)ing Issues

No, the regular MOBIL 1 15W40 dino oil is the one I found that didn't burn. The synthetic mobil 1 does burn a bit as I had to add some to mine over 10K miles whereas it doesn't use any ROTELLA synthetic. I know my 6.5L would burn a quart of oil every 800 miles when I tried the CASTROL diesel RX oil that they came out with 10 years ago or so, switched back to ROTELLA and didn't use but a 1/2 quart in 5K miles. Some oils just seem to burn easier than others has been my experience.

Glad they made it back ok and especially through SLC. I've been in Texas since the 14th and won't be home until mid-May so wouldn't have been able to help, that would have sucked but, SSForce is still around so there would have been back up.

Glad they made it back ok and especially through SLC. I've been in Texas since the 14th and won't be home until mid-May so wouldn't have been able to help, that would have sucked but, SSForce is still around so there would have been back up.

I worry as a parent. If it were me, I would 't give a shit as I'd figure out a way. Everything worked, so all is good.

No, the regular MOBIL 1 15W40 dino oil is the one I found that didn't burn. The synthetic mobil 1 does burn a bit as I had to add some to mine over 10K miles whereas it doesn't use any ROTELLA synthetic. I know my 6.5L would burn a quart of oil every 800 miles when I tried the CASTROL diesel RX oil that they came out with 10 years ago or so, switched back to ROTELLA and didn't use but a 1/2 quart in 5K miles. Some oils just seem to burn easier than others has been my experience.

I think it is called Mobil Delvac 1300 Super in 15w-40 (black jug). It is a dino oil as stated.
It also have a $5 per jug rebate till end of may 2016.

I think it is called Mobil Delvac 1300 Super in 15w-40 (black jug). It is a dino oil as stated.
It also have a $5 per jug rebate till end of may 2016.
yep, thats the stuff. It STOPPED that old worn out KOHLER from burning oil which has really helped out as it stopped it from fouling plugs.

Back