• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stage IV/ 1056 Kit Ordered.

Got back about 30 mins ago.

It's got some pretty harsh shifting right now because it needs to relearn, but I can already tell it's going to bite real well...:cool:

I've put about 180 miles on now, hopefully shifting clears up soon. :D

The 3---4 shift hurts.

I'm having my doubts on this clearing up.

How long does it usually take? Builder said anywhere from 200---500 miles.

it mostly depends on how many times it shifts. If you do more stop and go driving it will take less time for it to clear up. Also remember your shifts should be firmer due to the upgrades in the transmission. at least thats what i'd expect to happen, don't know for sure cause i've never driven anything other than a stock tranny.

It will clear up. Mine did the same thing. The 4-5 is kind of hard sometimes still but the rest of them are real smooth now. I can't usually even feel it shift anymore. I have around 1000 miles on mine.

Yep it usually takes about 1,000 for it to really start smoothing out. Once it does its a lot of fun. But it will still grab hard just not as jerky as it is now.

you should be able to get it to smooth out with in a half an hour. some trannys are stubborn and take longer to learn all the shifts out. take it out and get it to go through all the gears with moderate throttle. then stop and do that a few times till it gets smoother. then do it again with more throttle until you get all the way to full throttle and the shifts are crisp. the tranny wont learn during highway driving because its not shifting so.... nothing to learn.
btw congrats on the tranny. now you can tune the hell out of it.
do yo uhave a lift pump yet? I may have a tune you would like.

you should be able to get it to smooth out with in a half an hour. some trannys are stubborn and take longer to learn all the shifts out. take it out and get it to go through all the gears with moderate throttle. then stop and do that a few times till it gets smoother. then do it again with more throttle until you get all the way to full throttle and the shifts are crisp. the tranny wont learn during highway driving because its not shifting so.... nothing to learn.
btw congrats on the tranny. now you can tune the hell out of it.
do yo uhave a lift pump yet? I may have a tune you would like.

Don't forget to do a similar thing with the tow haul on also. Congrats!!

On my return trip home it was interstate driving so I can see why it didn't smooth out. I'll be back in town this evening to go out in town and try to get it to smooth out.
I don't have a lift pump yet. I should be getting one in the next few weeks. But, always willing to try some tunes! :D

Finally got internet today at my new place.

Yea it has smoothed out a lot. My only complaint is the 2 --> 1 downshift, it is still pretty harsh if I stop harder than normal.

Overall, this thing pulls. You can feel the power go to the ground immediately..

I come through Columbia every Friday if you want to go for a ride.

Finally got internet today at my new place.

Yea it has smoothed out a lot. My only complaint is the 2 --> 1 downshift, it is still pretty harsh if I stop harder than normal.

Overall, this thing pulls. You can feel the power go to the ground immediately..

I come through Columbia every Friday if you want to go for a ride.

How is the 4-5 up shift? Mine is still a little hard under light acceleration. I think it is going to stay that way. I got rid of the edge when I had the Suncoast kit installed and it was set to defuel the 4-5 shift only so maybe that is why it seems hard?
I don't remember any hard downshifts but it is almost a month now since it was installed so I might have just forgotten about it.

How is the 4-5 up shift? Mine is still a little hard under light acceleration. I think it is going to stay that way. I got rid of the edge when I had the Suncoast kit installed and it was set to defuel the 4-5 shift only so maybe that is why it seems hard?
I don't remember any hard downshifts but it is almost a month now since it was installed so I might have just forgotten about it.

Light acceleration seems to be my worst shifts also.

It still clunks sometimes.

hmm i;m ruunning his tune currently as well. I no have no clunks.... I have other issues lol but no tranny clunks.maybe its a slow learner.. how many in town miles do you have on it?

hmm i;m ruunning his tune currently as well. I no have no clunks.... I have other issues lol but no tranny clunks.maybe its a slow learner.. how many in town miles do you have on it?

At least 200 now.

It's mainly my 2--> 1 downshift.

Even on stock trucks ive had the 2-1 downshift be very harsh.

On the upshifts theyll all be harder than stock, thats what the kit is designed to do. Light throttle always seems to make it worse.

Back