• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smoke smell removal

Well being a smoker myself.......I had bought some "product" on line last year (Spray).....and it seems to work pretty good.

It's at work I'll post a name tomorrow.

But there is a lot of stuff online they make now sort of like "Febreeze" on steroids.

Try going to Walmart and buying a closet deodorizer. It is an absorbing charcoal that's in a container with a vented top made by Willert. I bought my truck used and the previous owner was a smoker. It took the smell out in just a few days.

Good info and keep 'em coming...:thumbsup:
I was cursed all my life with an intense sense of smell. I've also been a smoker all my adult life. I quit (for now...;)) about a month and a half ago. Now I'd like to get the smell out of my truck. Wife doesn't smell it but I sure do.

if you don't mind...place a bag of charcoal in the back seat cut the bag open lengthwise on top as the bag is laying flat on the seat...

my old camper had some smells to it when we got it and when left closed for a while...

that does/did the trick...

a lot of people threw away $300 refrigerators after coming home from katrina cause food rooted inside and they couldn't get rid of the odors(that they knew of)

some people I knew were going curbside and picking up the nicer units cleaning them and placing bags of charcoal in them(rotating them out as necessary) and after a few weeks you couldn't tell there was ever a problem with them

I put a couple of pounds worth in a bag slit open tonight. We'll see.

Well I hope it works, but I dont believe a few pounds is gonna absorb much... I'd put the whole 20lb bag in and slit it down the middle , then along the top and bottom...sort of in an "I" pattern, and open that up...the more air contact the better...just my experience with it...

I will have to ask a 'detailer guy' I know, but I remember him talking about using a product that was like a 'smoke bomb' that you use in a closed interior. It was said that it'll even get the smell of .... a dead person.... out of an interior... Think about THAT when you go used car shopping....:agreed:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is one of the best odor absorbing products I've EVER used. I have one in each truck and the trailer.

http://www.naturesairsponge.com/

Back when I was smoking in the 88 I would get numerous comments on how the truck never smelled of smoke. I've been working on quitting and have at least stopped buying them and smoking in the trucks.

Smell still there for me too with the Willert deodorizer from wallyworld in for about a week. I'll give it some more time.

This is one of the best odor absorbing products I've EVER used. I have one in each truck and the trailer.

http://www.naturesairsponge.com/

Back when I was smoking in the 88 I would get numerous comments on how the truck never smelled of smoke. I've been working on quitting and have at least stopped buying them and smoking in the trucks.

I,ve heard of this before.....Probably pretty good!

Back