• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Slightly OT- Ck out this diesel piston

Father inlaw was a railroad man for 50 years.
Talked about Alco's and Fairbanks Morse all the time.

The vintage rails stuff I have been involved with is OLDies BUT Goodies

All things evolve over time and things change for sure.

I love vintage rail (steam)
Was watching a UP video the other night on the 4-8-8-4 Big Boy articulated coal fired steamers of the 40's and 50's (The 4000 series engines)

Bloody engine loafing into the yard at Cheyene Wyoming with so much Black cloud coming out the stacks that you could not even see the roundhouse.

OMG what a stench that must have been.

Definately not very "GREEN" ):h

The old coal burners were a dirty lot for sure.

The oil fired engines were far cleaner as long as the fireman was doing his job right.

No need to pour out columns of black smoke. (Sure looks cool though)

Keep the skeeters thined out too :D

MGW

This is a good chit chat thread so I will add this: Saw this on Houston CL and thought it was cool: (See we should have a chitchat thread in our 6.5 section :) )

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1360125267.html

1983 Olds Cutlass Supreme. 4.3L V-6 diesel. 71990 original miles. AC, PL, PS, Cruise. New water pump(have receipt), tranny flush and filter, recent oil change(Rotell synthetic 15W40), tinted windows, new tires with less than 100 miles(have receipt) excellent fuel mileage! I routinely get 34MPG highway/and 30MPG city driving. A few nicks and scratches on the paint, but overall in excellent condition. I have more picture available. Price is firm!

Attachments

• cutlassdiesel1.jpg
    cutlassdiesel1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 9
  • cutlassdiesel2.jpg
    cutlassdiesel2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I saw this and was impressed as hell with it.

Cummins N14 2 piece piston, 855 cubic inch 6 cyl. Probably not gonna crack the dome or ring lands off that baby.

Maybe not, but when the head broke off the exhaust valve stem in #5, it made a quick vent in the top of my piston!:nonod:

If ya want one of them, I have the other 5 sitting in my shop, I bought new ones when I inframed last summer.):h

Back