• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sliding rear window?

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
Am I the only one on the face of the earth with a sliding rear window?

If not, does yours rattle? Mine started vibrating and rattling with all this cold weather and it drives me freaking nuts! I'll have to look at it sometime tomorrow, but it's loose when I move it; the main worry is that it's going to start leaking next.

Can you buy the weatherstripping for them, or do I need to jam some pieces of rubber in the track to wedge the thing against the frame?

I got one and it only started to Rattle after my Accident. So I guess the Little bit from the Impact was enough to Knock it Loose.

wish I had one. My '99 had one, never rattled but did start leaking around the seam. I ended up running some silicone around it.

I maybe way off base here but I notice in your sig that you have a fiberglass cover over the bed,could that be messing with wind passing over the cab and causing the rattle???

I maybe way off base here but I notice in your sig that you have a fiberglass cover over the bed,could that be messing with wind passing over the cab and causing the rattle???

No, it's even simpler than that. It only rattles when stopped in gear and the engine is under that load. Doesn't rattle any other time.

Mine rattles too at idle but its the console by the interior lights on the headliner. If I grab it, it stops. I've learned to live with it.

And yes, you are the only one with a rear slider.

No, it's even simpler than that. It only rattles when stopped in gear and the engine is under that load. Doesn't rattle any other time.

OH boy, I really have no clue now!

Mine rattles too at idle but its the console by the interior lights on the headliner. If I grab it, it stops. I've learned to live with it.

And yes, you are the only one with a rear slider.

X2, I thought rear sliders went out in the 80's??? :D

Sliders, or the beer window, is only good on regular cab trucks, so you can reach in the back and get another, well, you know.... :D

Sliders, or the beer window, is only good on regular cab trucks, so you can reach in the back and get another, well, you know.... :D

Yea, putting a slider in a CC truck is a pretty brainless idea. Especially since I'm alone in it 90% of the time.

Yea, putting a slider in a CC truck is a pretty brainless idea. Especially since I'm alone in it 90% of the time.

Unless of course you're the designated driver, and the guy in the middle in the back has to puke! That then makes it genius! :D

no, you are not. i noticed that it wasnt the window that rattled in mine, but the trim on the back of the cab that was rattling.

but on a side note, soon you may be back to being the only one..........

Back