• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

sirius location

whitetrash21

Put on the damn helmet day........
Reaction score
anybody got ideas for mounting this thing. its stuck in the wondow now, and i damn near strangle myself everytime i hit the brakes. sirius sends a ****in 900 foot antannae lead with it, and i got all that stuffed into the overhead right now. i know i can get a line in for runnin it off the rca in the truck. no more cig lighter power. what about the antannae and the reciever??

where could i put em and how could i mount em?? somewhere more permanent and out of the way. prefereably not in the windshield.

its an 03 so it didnt come with the integral xm/sirius option.

ideas... anyone??

Attachments

• sirius 1.jpg
    sirius 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 18
  • sirius 2.jpg
    sirius 2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 20
  • sirius antannae.jpg
    sirius antannae.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
I know what you mean Wes, I am currently looking for a way to set up my sirius s50 so that it doesn't look so out of place. I have all 900' of my antenna wire shoved in the cubby hole in front of the cupholders.
Some have said about running the antenna out at the third brake light, but I haven't felt like pulling my headliner out...its a CC.

I know what you mean Wes, I am currently looking for a way to set up my sirius s50 so that it doesn't look so out of place. I have all 900' of my antenna wire shoved in the cubby hole in front of the cupholders.
Some have said about running the antenna out at the third brake light, but I haven't felt like pulling my headliner out...its a CC.

damn, there's an idea.:sifone::D i was tryin to figure out how to do it withouit drillin holes.... :eek: that would be perfect.

now to mount the reciever. i dont think it can be drilled to mount it. i wanted to put it somewhere out of the way and unobvious to passing window breakers.... :D that suction mount just wont stick to the gm plastic.... not smooth enough i guess.

Try routing the antenna up through the front pilliar, then along the headliner to the 3rd brake light. Take off 3rd brake light from the outside. The antenna might be able to sit inside the 3rd brake light cover.

The XM wire fits through the 3rd brake light opening...just seal it up real well...

that i will do. they gave me enough antannae lead to reach there and back so it should work. :D

now as far as the reciever, anyone got any ideas as to where to mount it.... i want to get rid of that suction cup mount, seeing as how it looks jimmy rigged...

thx for the help.

Overhead Console?

i dont think it'll fit. the reciever is a little too tall to go in there.
Ridiculous dash cubby?

which one... my truck has a bunch of them.... :D

i'll get some pics tomorrow. maybe figure something out off of that....

i was able to tuck my sirus under my rearview mirror. it hangs jsut below it. i dont mind it being there becasue it is out of the way yet easy to see. as far as the antena goes i ran that out of my cab lights because i did not want to pull the headliner. averall i like the setup and the reception is 100X better than when my antena was inside the truck.

i was able to tuck my sirus under my rearview mirror. it hangs jsut below it. i dont mind it being there becasue it is out of the way yet easy to see. as far as the antena goes i ran that out of my cab lights because i did not want to pull the headliner. averall i like the setup and the reception is 100X better than when my antena was inside the truck.

just got finished runnin my antenna out the 3rd brake light. you're right about the reception.... way better. still got the radio hangin in the window, kinda sorta under the mirror.

how is yours wired...?? cig lighter, or did you do it differently? gettin tired of wires hanging all over the cab. 1 down, 1 to go now.

yeah unfortunately i have the power to the cigarette lighter. it doesn't bother me too much because i have 5 cigarette lighters in my truck. i just dont like the wire hanging down but i dont even notice it anymore.

i will try to snap a pic tomorrow.

When you run it out the third light, do you mount it on the roof, or leave it in the light? How do you seal the light, if you mount it on the roof? I like where you have the radio mounted, would it be possible to hard wire it somewhere in the overhead console?

When you run it out the third light, do you mount it on the roof, or leave it in the light? How do you seal the light, if you mount it on the roof? I like where you have the radio mounted, would it be possible to hard wire it somewhere in the overhead console?

I have a black truck with XM...the XM rantenna is a black modular unit, and i used a thin bead of RTV to seal the light back up. Cant see it unless you are looking for it.

mount the antena on the roof, the reception is amazing, far better than when inside. as far as sealing back up i used an instant gastket maker to seal up my cab light and it has not leaked yet.

look in my garage for pics of my set up.

can you make the pics any bigger?? :D j/k.... looks good. i may have to move mine up that high, just so its out of the way.

put mine right in front of the brake light on the roof. used a little rubberized silicone to seat it.

tss radio.com sells an adapter so you can run the factory xm antena with your sirius

only work on truck factory equipped with xm. mine aint.

wow i did not ralize how big the pics were. sorry. i like it up there because it is out of the way. i really hate things in my line of site. yeah i knwo i am condraticting myseft from the pic but i dont even let my parking pass hang from my rearview. i barely notice it there and would recomend it to others.

Back