• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I hear the pump whine?

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I notice the pump whining a lot more now when it's cold in 1st and 2nd gears. I changed the filter tonight while changing my oil like usual, prefilled it and noticed the whining for a minute when I looked under there to make sure nothing was leaking. Not loud and it doesn't sound like anything's broken. Maybe I just noticed it and am hung up on it.

It's not the power steering either. I could definitely tell it's coming from the front of the trans.

There was no (more than usual) crud on the magnet when I changed the filter.

When I had my 8.1, you could easily hear it since the gas motor was quieter than the diesel. But, I'll notice mine every now and then on my Duramax. I don't think I would worry about it as the Allison is well known to whine.

You should hear it when its -25 degrees outside. You wanna talk about whine. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Time to jack your second thread...

Maintenance day...! Lets do it!

You should hear it when its -25 degrees outside. You wanna talk about whine. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Time to jack your second thread...

Maintenance day...! Lets do it!

When? I'll be around tomorrow.

Give me a call because I predict that I'll be in a vegetative state most of the day after what I went through yesterday.

Back