• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SES light don´t come on when boost is high

Ama83

Reaction score
I´m wondering now why SES light doesn´t come on when boost rises above 1bar?
When I put turbomaster on and drowe with scanner hooked up it turned light on at 0,9-1,0bar.
After I installed that adjustable pmd resistor switch it haven´t come on anymore even at 1,2 bar??? It´s now at setting #9 and little bit more (79800-81400 ohm should be #9 and I have 82000 ohm)
And I don´t have chip in truck.
Could this resistor setup increase PMD temp and ip response delay? Switch for resistor is in the dashboard and is hooked up at pin D- Ignition source and at pin E- Closure signal. So same as the resistor would be.
PMD is remote monted to the top of fuse box @ eng.room.
PMD is heating pretty muck so I wondered would this affect it or is IP going to die soon?

And hi to you all since I´m new here! :)

Hey Ama, welcome, what year truck do you have?

The SES light will not come on for boost unless you hold it out of tolerance for 10 straight seconds. So if you have 15psi of boost and hold it at that climbing up a hill or accelerating to 100mph then it should throw DTC at you. When you say 1 bar, was that only reading 1 bar, or was it 1 bar over atmospheric? If it was only atmospheric pressure and you coded it would have been because you have no boost at all.

The PMD and boost codes would not have any correlation.

Truck is -95. And yes I mean 1 bar boost (14,5psi) and it maxes about 17,4 psi. But when earlier tested with scanner aboard the SES came on with less acceleration that 10 sec :S

Which code did the scanner tell you it threw? Maybe it was an EGR code or something, loss of vacuum to the the vaccum sensor. Also the resistor will not change anything in your 95 unless you run a TDCO relearn with the scanner each time you modify it. It saves the value it sees for 50 power or warm up cycles, then relearns it, unless you run a TDCO learn, then it learns it right away.

Which code did the scanner tell you it threw? Maybe it was an EGR code or something, loss of vacuum to the the vaccum sensor. Also the resistor will not change anything in your 95 unless you run a TDCO relearn with the scanner each time you modify it. It saves the value it sees for 50 power or warm up cycles, then relearns it, unless you run a TDCO learn, then it learns it right away.

Don´t recall that code anymore, but in somekind of limp mode it went. Yes I know that story about the resistor and it have been learned.

Back