• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Throttle soon

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Good day all,

one other riddle to solve:

A buddy of mine just called me to ask for the solution, but, I don't know it:

After a rool over, he changed the cabin of his 1996 truck. He took the all harness from the previous cabin, and installed it in the new one.

Connect every wire. It seems everything is well connected, thatg's what he sware.

Start the engine, starts fine and iddle perfect, but... no accelerator. The "Service Throttle Soon" light is ON. I told him to swap to the previous accelerator pedal assy from the previous cabin, what he did, but no luck.

I haven't seen the truck myself, which is parked in another city, and so didn't put the scanner on it so I don't know if there's a code, probably.

Any idea?

My brother in law did same thing, the shock of the roll over damaged the pedal electronics. Have to check each component and harness. It is easy to a bad connection when doing that many connectors.

I'm having the exact same issue, cab swap, but not due to roll over, had throttle before cab swap. I believe I even had throttle at once time after swap but been months of nothing. New batteries new APPS no codes just STS light?! Is friggin aggravating af

@94 Woody, If I haven't seen your username earlier, welcome to the forum.

My throttle went completely dead after a few days of slow/no response episodes. STS light illuminated. Fortunately, a restart got me going but, the issue wasn't fully re-solved until swapping out the PCM.

FWIW, I miss Mutava. So wanted to go to New Caledonia in order to meet him.

It's up 96 former forestry truck out of Florida. It was sent up to Georgia or something at one point to get the straight axle and transfer case make a four-wheel drive. It's only got $89,000 mi on it It's got the PMD and the bumper. New injection pump new f****** fuel lines new alternator the upgraded wire kit on everything from the starter to the battery so the alternator to the gem module. I just ordered the kit that runs the hydraulic hose for the turbo drain and hadn't gotten around to putting that on yet because I still can't get a damn throttle pedal. Alternators new AC.. It's about it really nothing crazy just everything you cover your standard reliability of a 65 if there is anything of that sort. New APPS came in the mail yesterday I put it on still nothing like I say I just did a cab swap, But I'm pretty certain I've had throttle pedal since I did the cab.swap but now I don't haven't even driven it

Welcome @94woody what type of scanner are you using? if you can read live data, there will be three lines of signal from the APP. it's like having three throttle position sensors crammed into one. look to see which line signal you are loosing, if it's just not there, shorted to ground or otherwise. I'm thinking your grounds on the engine block for the PCM might be faulty or there is a wire shorted somewhere.

seeing the data might help tell us where to start looking.

Back