• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sealed Power CS770

6.5TD Burb

Reaction score
Anyone running one of these cams? I have it listed in my catalog as a OE replacement. Looking at SSD's website it's a "performance" camshaft.....just a tad confusing. I'm leaning more towards Sealed Power's advertisement as a OE replacement. Correct or no?

Anyone running one of these cams? I have it listed in my catalog as a OE replacement. Looking at SSD's website it's a "performance" camshaft.....just a tad confusing. I'm leaning more towards Sealed Power's advertisement as a OE replacement. Correct or no?

That doesn't surprise me. Seems like SSD adds a new product every week. Just by visiting his site your truck will gain +10hp cause your shopping with him.):h:icon_bs:

Ignore the "Performance" crap you read on SSD's site. In fact, don't even go there. Its a waste of time, hes a scam artist and the quallity of his products can be a bit lousy. Though shipping is good at least:rolleyes5:

Go with the one in your catalog. And compare the specs on his site to those in your catalog if available. Then, for gits and shiggles, send him a message on his site asking why "The OEM cam I'm getting is ground to the same specs as your "performance" Camshaft listed on your site. why is that?

I gained 5 HP just reading this post!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Actually, contrary to popular belief you actually gain 15 hp from reading posts with the SSD name in it. Then, upon going to his site, you will gain an additional 10hp as stated.

Amazing technology computers are :haha: :haha:

Well given that I had figures straight out of the catalog and figures on his site and they matched I knew they were the same, I just didn't know if Sealed Power called it OE and was a small upgrade/update from stock or what the deal was.

What is on SSD's site is not OE, so your sealed power book is wrong, not SSD's site. Walt is not that bad, just stubborn and proud like a lot of people on the internet too.

OE would be 175° intake duration and 200° exhaust duration at .05" lift with a total of 0.406" lift on each valve. and 111° Lobe separation. SSD's has slightly more duration, lift and tighter LSA (110.5°). Its so slight duration difference that it might be considered as an OE replacement, but get the lift too.

Back