• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(((SALE))) procedes to Hurricane Harvey relief

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Im going to put on sale the DB2 timekeeper gear set for $225. Thats close to cost and I'll donate $100 of it to a local shelter or charity (still to be determined) Normal price is $325 so you save $100 and $100 goes to help. Until I can get it on the site please email me for an invoice. Sale will end Oct 1 2017.

[email protected]

http://leroydiesel.com/products/leroys-db2-timing-gear-set/

Also go here to donate whatever you can if you don't need a gear set at this time. https://www.youcaring.com/victimsofhurricaneharvey-915053

Have one sold.

Went to Dickinson donation center today to drop a bunch of items off. They are doing well on clothing but need bleach and other cleaning supplies/tools.

the Cove VFD has bbq, drinks, some food and diapers across the road. great group of people.

Baton Rouge Flooded not too long ago

here was a decent list of items that were in short supply for flood victims and other items to consider donating or purchasing with the proceeds

Garbage bags (large, industrial strength) and Rubbermaid storage boxes were hard to find during the first week.
Shovels
Face (dust) masks
Concrobium or Microban germicidal mold control spray & corresponding sprayer
fans
dehumidifiers
gloves
Dremel
Shop towels
Shop vac
Extension cords
Floor bully
Wheel Barrel
Floor Squeegee
Wonder bar prybars

Speaking of great people, Im seeing it all over. I went to help a buddy cut drywall and move everything out for trash pick up. You would be shocked because its every single house on the street (and many other streets) that has a 6' to 10' pile of they're belongings and flooded building materials in the yard. It looks like a bomb went off.
Anyway on my way into the neighborhood a guy is stopping cars and I think he is just checking to if you belong in there? Turns out he was offering lunch to anybody that may have been hungry. Actually brought a tear to my eye, I mean the guy is flooded out of his house and willing to feed a stranger.
Restores your faith in humanity real quick.

Excellent. Been seeing that on the local news. Folks are getting trucks loaded and headed to Texas. A lot of times a collection of supplies is started to fill a straight truck and they end up needing 2 or 3 semi trucks. I hope each state can lend a hand. Also seeing able bodies on the way too, nurses, handymen and such.

I seen on the news that the hospitals need nurses so bad that they are paying $72 a hour for work and $10 a hour for sleep time just to get out of state nurses to come help out

I just heard from a customer in Angelton, his house flooded and a big tree fell on it to add insult. He is still not allowed back in the area. If he needs help I'll shoot down there, its going to be a mess!

made 2 trailer runs to the dump with sheet rock, flooring and insulation.
Leroy, you are doing a great service. wish i could afford one.

Thank you. We did the demo on our neighbors house yesterday (next street over). Big piles of sheetrock on the curb.
My buddys neighborhood got it bad, every house has a pile 6-10' tall in the front yard.
I have another neighbor on next street Im going to ask if they need help today.

I have, but customers do not return the core sprocket in a timely manner. If you wanted to send one in advance I would work out a deal.

Once our house is built I'm definitely going to order one for the spare engine that I'll be re-ringing and dropping in my truck. Can You can get gapless rings?

I was just wondering if you had a sale going on for it for the db4. Me and my wife are building the house our selves so savings and pay checks are what we are relying on to get it built. Should be done by November maybe December. I had to promise her the kids would have Christmas in the new house.

On a side note, I did just order 2 ffm oring kits from you just now

Once our house is built I'm definitely going to order one for the spare engine that I'll be re-ringing and dropping in my truck. Can You can get gapless rings?

I was just wondering if you had a sale going on for it for the db4. Me and my wife are building the house our selves so savings and pay checks are what we are relying on to get it built. Should be done by November maybe December. I had to promise her the kids would have Christmas in the new house.

Thanks for order of Orings.

Sale on Timekeeper expires Oct 1.
I can get the gapless rings for you too.

I did a complete rebuild of My house about fifteen years ago. Foundation was a brick and a block here and there. Took off a couple of walls and restructured, poured in a full foundation, walls came out. flooring came up, joists was a 2X6 on two foot centers, added another one between those, oh boy, just way more than I want to type about. I also added a loft where I keep the reloading equipment and My man cave stuff. LOL
I even sold My old 1976 Harley FLH Electra Glide to buy supplies for the house. I sure wish I would have not done that. LOL

Gapless rings from @Burning oil are in my project truck.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/1992-6-5td-rescue.44332/page-4#post-506815

@WarWagon i knew you used them but didn't know where you sourced them from. Did you file them or just use them right out of the box. I have seen where others have put them in right out of the box with no problems so far.

Back