• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

S&B Airbox with HX40

The KO set depending on conditions is $250-$700.
To get $700ish: all dies have to be perfectly free of knicks, perfect paint & storage box, then wait a few months for it to sell.
It also depends which type of hydraulic pump it is.
Hand pump. Compatible with.
my porta powers.

This looks like my set. Only my pump looks like my other porta powers. Looks more like a grease gun.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@SnowDrift The plan was for the CDR to be replaced with a provent. There's a fitting one can buy here that I was going to adapt to the intake elbow pre turbo.

But now with the engine back in Chris' shop as you know I'll be using the 6.2 oil fill with vent/ baffle to vent the crankcase and both sides of the engine will get driver side closed valve covers. Still going to use a provent and the linked port system for plumbing everything together.

@SnowDrift The plan was for the CDR to be replaced with a provent. There's a fitting one can buy here that I was going to adapt to the intake elbow pre turbo.

But now with the engine back in Chris' shop as you know I'll be using the 6.2 oil fill with vent/ baffle to vent the crankcase and both sides of the engine will get driver side closed valve covers. Still going to use a provent and the linked port system for plumbing everything together.
I remember the discussion on that fitting. I just didn't see it in your setup. There was a plastic bulkhead fitting I found that looked promising also.

I don't recall the size needed and I didn't think to measure today when I was working on my truck but you get the idea.

Apologies in advance SnowDrift. This is kind of a derail of your fitment quest but, this is funny. Gale Banks tearing into S&B marketing an open box / box less filter set up because "the customer wants it." Big SSDiesel set up for new trucks actually. Remember, S&Bs changed the 6.5 box design so one can remove the back to allow "more air" in. The specific unit in the video is for the Power Strokes but, there's still good info about air density and mass etc.

Banks is a hoot and that's worth the listen.
Best lines: "Gotta Big Tube."
S&Bs: "We believe in giving the customer what they want because the customer is always right."
Banks: "If the customer wants fentanyl, are you going to give them that too?"

Back