• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Runs with no calibration resistor in PMD

Danish Farmer

Reaction score
Hi again 6,5 experts :hello:

More 6,5 questions from a confused dane.

Looked at my PMD-plug today and realized that it did not have that tiny green calibration resistor plate in the buttom of the plug, that some says needs to be there. It´s a black Stanadyne PMD dated 2007
Truck runs and pulls fine with out it, but can be hard to start some times.
What´s the deal ? Shall I pull the resistor out of a new grey spare PMD I got from SSD and put it in ?

Noticed too that the harness on my old PMD looks different from the newer ones, so it seems unlikely that it can be switched with out taking some looms apart.
My old one has:
--one wire disapearing under the intake heading towards the FFM right after the PMD-plug
--another single wire going into a wire loom on the right side of the IP
--two normal plugs (Like the new ones)
--and the black ground to the pump.

On the new harness, it seems like nothing will go under the intake, and another two wires seems like they bolt on something (Like the ground on the IP) and are protected by a round rubber cup.

This OL´truck confuses Danish farmer again :hihi: :hihi:

My '95 ran without it, but it clacked pretty loud, and like AK said it coded. To be safe I installed a #5 in it and the sharp clack went away under acceleration.

Black and grey have different connectors required. Grey units are gold plated and require same of connectors including the resistor. You should install your spare with a new extension cable and use the black as a spare...

Back