• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

requesting some info

Kooter

Reaction score
hi new to efi live , and love what i'm readin. i want to know where is the best place to buy custom tunes( and the efi live)? i just about went and bought a banks speedbrake. cause i think i need it. and was considering upgrading my evolution to the six gun so it all fits well together. then someone told me to check out efi live. and so i am. and i've already read somebody controlling there vane position with efi. for a jake. that is awesome. i have a 06 lbz duramax just have turbo back exhaust and volant intake. with edge evolution for now. i hall a fifth wheel, and i have a boat. and sometimes i pull both in tandem. its a pretty big load. i am interested in the dsp5 switch. with a economy tune for the highway. a couple tow tunes. (one using the turbo for a jake and one not. just like someone suggested in this forum somewhere. heard it was pretty aggressive slowing down) and a couple of hp tunes. trying to keep safety in mind. don't really want to shell out for a tranny.
thanks for any info i get back!

efi live is the greatest thing made for these trucks. most guys you buy the stuff from will set you up with a couple tunes, and work with you to make em great. i personally did it that way, then i used them to learn off of. i am running tunes completely built for my truck by me. this enabled me to learn my way around the software and i can make my own changes to suit my desire of the day:D. there is a little learning curve but if you have some understanding of how the duramax operates it is pretty easy to figure out. Guy at socal diesel is very good and a vendor i recommend highly. he also has the dsp switches to get you set up. best 800 bucks you will ever spend. the canned tuners will never come close to the personalization of efi live if your willing to learn it.

Back