• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing Steering Control Lights?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How do you replace the light's behind the place buttons on the steering wheel? My Seek one and one other has shot. Its annoying at night..:p

If i remember correctly you can't replace the lights. the only way you can get them is in the switches. I don't think the switches are very expensive and they are easy to replace.

Cool.
My volume light is shot and the button is wore.

Might have to get a new switch.

Do the old whitches just pop out?? I could take mine out here this weekend and have a look see if I have time. id like to put Blue Leds in, but If I cant get to them, wll I guess im SOL.

Thanks Noah. Do you know how they come out? A part # would be good to...:D

They just pop out. take a small flatblade screw driver and work them out of the hole. some of them are kinda tight cause the wires aren't very long. I'll have to check on the part #'s.

Cool.
My volume light is shot and the button is wore.

Might have to get a new switch.

Do the old whitches just pop out?? I could take mine out here this weekend and have a look see if I have time. id like to put Blue Leds in, but If I cant get to them, wll I guess im SOL.

You might be able to take the switch apart and change the light inside, dunno for sure.:noidea: just have to try and see.

just pulled mine apart. Yes you can get to the LEDs.

as for replacing them, I havent gotten that far. Im trying to find a place where I can get quite a few of them to do as much of my interior as possible.

just pulled mine apart. Yes you can get to the LEDs.

as for replacing them, I havent gotten that far. Im trying to find a place where I can get quite a few of them to do as much of my interior as possible.

Cool, :beer: I guess locating the LED's to replace them with would be the hard part.

Try Radio Shack part # 272-1092. #7219 Micro Lamp. 12v/60mA.
I picked up a 2pk some time ago but haven't made the time to install.

New member, first post and must get my sig and avatar together!
03 Sierra 2500HD Dmax Alli SLT EC Sbx

Try Radio Shack part # 272-1092. #7219 Micro Lamp. 12v/60mA.
I picked up a 2pk some time ago but haven't made the time to install.

New member, first post and must get my sig and avatar together!
03 Sierra 2500HD Dmax Alli SLT EC Sbx

Thanks for the information! Welcome to the site! :cool:

Finally changed the bulbs and will post pics ASAP. Switch housing pops apart.
Soldering was really fine work on small circuit board, and was sure handy to have young eyes of 26 year old son around!

Noah, when you say it pops right out. Does the light actually come out of the steering wheel from the button itself, or does the houseing around it come out around it to?

The entire button and housing will come out as an assembly. YOu have to further dissable that assebly on your becnh to get to the LEDs.

The entire button and housing will come out as an assembly. YOu have to further dissable that assebly on your becnh to get to the LEDs.

Thanks Vinny.

I'm down to about 3 working now..:mad:

If i remember correctly you can't replace the lights. the only way you can get them is in the switches. I don't think the switches are very expensive and they are easy to replace.

I replaced mine (lamps). All eight of them. Removed the wheel, the button assy's, opened them up, unsoldered the old, soldered in the new, put it all back together in about 90 minutes.

Dealer wanted $48/ea for the controls. My bulbs were $1.79/pair.

Back