• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

replacing oil cooler lines, keeping oil cooler

I fixed a customers 6.5 that had A DIY install of one of these oil cooler line and cooler kits not sure of the vendor he paid about 225 he said and I ended up with the rework. He neglected to replace filter adapter o rings and also gouged one of the fittingd right on the tapered portion causing a leak, local tractor shop had the fitting and I got it all done for him. Oh forgot to tell you he had some napa factory style lines in the bed new but all dicked up from a hack job install!!!

Sadly I do, come across it alot in my field of work. However I am also not about to deny those that are mechanically capable.

Out of curiosity then do you have a notable percentage of customers who suffer leaks because they cannot install your kits properly?

Cheers
Nobby

In the 800 plus kits sold I have had a dozen with issues. However the problem was with the cooler at the fittings. Seem that threading of the coolers is not always consistent. Did have one or two lines that leaked where they are crimped. So all in all its about a .02% failure rate.

I love to talk with those that are capable because often times I can pickup a bit of knowledge.
Greg

In the 800 plus kits sold I have had a dozen with issues. However the problem was with the cooler at the fittings. Seem that threading of the coolers is not always consistent. Did have one or two lines that leaked where they are crimped. So all in all its about a .02% failure rate.

I love to talk with those that are capable because often times I can pickup a bit of knowledge.
Greg

That is actually a 1.5% failure rate, but still not bad :):)

Back