• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Defroster Blows Fuse

mmcna

Recruit
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have owned the burb for about 6 months now. The other morning I went to turn on the rear froster and it blew the fuse. Was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to solve this issue.

This is my first diesel, I love it , I do not want to drive anything else. I am even trying to convince my wife she needs a diesel burb!!!!!

I do not think any are broke. Could the door contacts be the culprit if there is corrosion on them. Maybe bad grounds in the electrical system.

Could be, maybe check for a broken wire... I cant picture how 'burbs are set up in the rear... is it a hatch or barn doors? How do the wires look in between the body and door/glass?

gnds notorious bad actor on GM trucks, I'd look there, poor gnd = high current draw= early fuse death, also look at fuse holder if it's corroded and length of run that circuit to doors if dirty could cause early fuse death also.

Back