• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question About H0103

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I was Reading some Threads about the Relation between the ECM & TCM and how certain things need to be the same between the 2 to Function Correctly.

While Looking through my Currently Loaded ECM & TCM Tune, I Noticed that H0103 is Different.

In my Trans Tune, it says that there are 4.10 Gears in the Truck. But in the ECM Tune, it says there are 3.73 Gears in the Truck.

Could this be Causing some of the Erratic Shifting I Experience sometimes?

In H0122 it says 3.73 in the TCM Tune.

Last edited:
All calibrations have 4.10 for the TCM tuning. EFILive states that's the way it's suppose to be for some unknown reason.

That's weird.

Wouldn't, or SHOULDN'T there be some kind of Interference or Bad things happening if the ECM says the Final Drive is 3.73, but the TCM says it's 4.10?

That's weird.

Wouldn't, or SHOULDN'T there be some kind of Interference or Bad things happening if the ECM says the Final Drive is 3.73, but the TCM says it's 4.10?

I don't think that the ECM picks up that from the TCM. I think the TCM just uses that from a programming standpoint (Not necessary a logical actual meaning). I tried explaining that... :D

I think it's more for a programming standpoint for the EFILive developers than a actual user field to note and edit.

It is indeed supposed to be at 4.10, and is that way in all of the TCM's. The TCM does it's own speed calibrations internally, and this setting is utilized for shift point adjustments. If you change it you have to go through and change EVERYTHING else in the tune to match that change. The problem lies in the fact the EFILIVE only lets us see about 1% of the data that the TCM uses, so the vast majority of the TCM parameters cannot be changed to match.

It is indeed supposed to be at 4.10, and is that way in all of the TCM's. The TCM does it's own speed calibrations internally, and this setting is utilized for shift point adjustments. If you change it you have to go through and change EVERYTHING else in the tune to match that change. The problem lies in the fact the EFILIVE only lets us see about 1% of the data that the TCM uses, so the vast majority of the TCM parameters cannot be changed to match.

Thank you for explaining that Ferm.

Back