• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pulse Width, other affecting factors..

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm been tuning a little lately.

Please tell me why I can add 10% of PW to my tune and the truck runs like a dog? What other factors do I need to adjust after opening the PW up????

:eek:

You mean its slow??

You need pressure and timing more than you need actul pulse width. You also need to add it in the right place,

Just make sure to keep rail pressure over 21,000psi and you will be good, then play with the timing to clean it up.

If you're going to add pulsewidth as a percentage, you'll probably want to stay away from the idle rows (0-20mm3). Adjusting these can cause idle hunting and surging. Adding 10% to the other rows in a smooth manner should not cause any adverse drivablity issues.

Nick

If you're going to add pulsewidth as a percentage, you'll probably want to stay away from the idle rows (0-20mm3). Adjusting these can cause idle hunting and surging. Adding 10% to the other rows in a smooth manner should not cause any adverse drivablity issues.

Nick

I stayed away from those. I still don't know what the heck I'm doing.

I'm just ready to buy the library acess from you and use your thoughts in my ECM.. :D

When I get a chance tonight to go over everything I'll post back.. :eek:

any luck with this jeff. 10% should not make much of a differance power wise. by a negative anyway. feel free to post what you did and we could go through it.

any luck with this jeff. 10% should not make much of a differance power wise. by a negative anyway. feel free to post what you did and we could go through it.

I haven't even had a chance. Life has hit me from every angle the past few weeks, hopefully I can get some time to start looking into this again.

Believe me, I'm full of questions with EFILive... :D

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm looking forward to learning... :cool:

hey Jeff I am gonna keep an eye on this one !!I am so interested in efi live I am not sure what it is .and would like to know where to go to research it ??thank you

hey Jeff I am gonna keep an eye on this one !!I am so interested in efi live I am not sure what it is .and would like to know where to go to research it ??thank you

Start reading in this section. To break it down, it's a computer software program that hooks to your truck and you can tune, scan, and make any change you want the the program allows to.

It's a great system. It does have a learning curve on tuning your own truck, but most Vendors include a tune with the purchase so you don't have to worry about starting from scratch.

I purchased mine from Jim @ Upstate Diesel Performance and he included a nice tune for me that I daily drive.

Back